Time Sure Does Fly By ...........

Thursday, May 11, 2006

What's on your mind today??????

Well, after waking up late this morning (because I am sooooooooooooooo exhausted right now), I have been thinking about what to write about today. Nothing much happening around here today, for the most part. So, here are some more random thoughts running through my mind.

*Mary and I leave tomorrow morning for the scrapbook convention in Michigan. I'm excited but not completely packed yet. I WAS packed and ironed and ready to go earlier in the week ... HOWEVER, now that the weather has changed (cold and yucky, for the weekend ahead), I'm not sure about wearing capris in 50 degree weather. UGH! So, now I need to iron some different pants ... etc. but I'll be gone ALL EVENING TONIGHT (and miss Survivor). Oh well?! At least I"ll be scrapping all weekend long!!!!!! :)

*Since I'm going to be gone most of the Mother's Day weekend (until Sunday late afternoon/evening), my wonderful husband and daughter decided to give me my cards and little present last night before church. Funny, we don't usually get "presents" for each other for Mother's Day/Father's Day, but apparently, they found a "good deal". They got me a real pretty silver bracelet that says:

"A Mother holds her children's hands for a short while, but their hearts forever."

Isn't that sweet?! Brought tears to my eyes.

*Crystal and I are going out with Mary and Vickie tonight. (If you recall, Crystal is my "mentee" and Vickie is Mary's "mentee".) This is about our 6th week to go out, with a couple of missed weeks there when Dad was in the hospital/surgery/etc. I think we're having dinner and maybe a movie. I really think the girls are learning a lot of beginning to open up to us both. We haven't done a lot with Mary and Vickie, but have gotten together with them a couple of other times. Crystal is a sweet girl, with a terrible home life, it seems. Her dad seems like a good guy, however, he doesn't seem to stand up to the step-mother, which is one of the major problems. Ugh! Anyway, I hope things go well tonight ... which I'm sure they will ...

*My dad is doing well, 3 weeks post-surgery. I'm soooooooooo thankful for that. He is still fairly weak and has to rest a lot, but ... he's home and he doesn't have cancer. I'm sooooooooo thankful! He went to church this past Sunday (both services) and wore himself out, but he's been resting, so hopefully, he can go to ONE service this weekend! :)

*Talked to one of my all-time best friends yesterday on the phone (Becky). Was great talking to her. Sooooooooooo wish they lived close. We grew up together. Her father was our pastor for several years when we were little and then they moved away and then they came back when we were in high school. We went to college together (a year or so) and have just kept in contact ever since. It's always nice to have someone who you can talk to about anything and everything ... even if it's not on a daily basis. Thanks, Bec, for being that kind of friend!!! Love ya!

Ok, better get back to work! Thanks for reading! (Oh, I may not be posting tomorrow, since we're leaving first thing in the morning, but I'll be sure to post when we get back and let you know how the convention goes!) :)

1 Comments:

  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger Kim :) said…

    I'm so thankful that your dad is doing well! That is wonderful news. and talking with old friends is always heart warming!

    Have a great weekend!
    Kim :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home