What a weekend!!!

*WARNING! Lost post ahead*
What a great weekend we had! I can't even begin to tell you what fun it was to go to convention We had a great time! (See picture above)
Ok, where do I start? First off, we left Friday morning around 9:30 a.m. - a little later than expected, but that's ok. We got to the hotel around 3 p.m. - after driving in the rain the ENTIRE way up there. Oh well?! The hotel was great, as usual. We got some scrapping stuff out and ready to scrap and then went to supper at Buca de Beppos that night. It was FANTASTIC! While there, however, there was a HUGE party of people ... drinking a little too much obviously and then were VERY LOUD, I might say!!! :) Oh well. It was good food and good fun!!! We then went back to the hotel and started scrapping the night away. Can't remember exactly what time we went to bed, but it was a little after midnight as far as I can remember.
Let me just insert right here - we were on the second floor - and the people above us were COWS!!! It sounded like a herd of cows up there all night long, all morning, etc. It was AWFUL! So, MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cows were up most of the night and early the next morning! :( Not a good night's rest!
We got up (a little earlier than expected) on Saturday morning, thanks to the Moo cows above us, and got ready to go to the convention center to start our day of classes and shopping! Our first class was at 9 a.m. , another class at 10:30 a.m. and another at 3 p.m. In between the classes, we shopped and ate a quick snack. It was a great day and we had a couple of good classes. We didn't really buy all that much this year, shock of the century, but it was good!
We then grabbed something for supper before heading back to the hotel for scrapping! (Besides, we had PLENTY of snacks in the room for snacking later in the evening!) We got back to the hotel around 6:15 p.m. and scrapped till about 2 a.m., I believe. The Moo cows were GRAZING up in their room all evening long ... going back and forth and back and forth from the bathroo to the living room area ... or whatever. Ugh! AND they must have gone to the bathroom a ZILLION times that night! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
Anyway ... we didn't sleep in as long as we would have liked on Sunday because ... guess why?! The MOO cows were at it again!!! Up at the crack of dawn ... moo-ing!!! (ha!) We scrapped a little bit Sunday morning before checkout at Noon and then headed home. It rained the ENTIRE way home on us ... sometimes POURING RAIN ... and it was awful! But oh well, what a great time to scrap ... inside all weekend ... where it's nice and warm and dry!!!
We got home around 5:30 p.m. and lo and behold at 6:00 p.m., my mom called and wanted me to come out to the hospital/ER right away ... my dad had fallen off my grandmother's porch, had a big goose egg on the back of his head, scrape on his upper thigh and scrape on his knee. UGH! What a way to spend Mother's Day evening - at the hospital/ER with my parents. Ugh! Luckily, they did a CT scan and x-rays and he's ok, but kind of scared about his incision from his other surgery, etc. He'll be pretty sore this week, I'm sure of it, but thank goodness nothing else was wrong.
Ok, enough about my weekend. Sorry to have bored you silly, but ... we had a great time!
Oh, and by the way, I think I got 12 pages completely finished and about 2-4 more pages that I just need to add "one more thing" to! YAY for me!


1 Comments:
At 1:12 PM,
Kim :) said…
First of all, there is no reason for you to apologize for the long post! This is your blog, you write as much as you want to! :) I for one will read each and every word. I enjoy it!
Glad to hear that you girls had such a good time. Sorry to hear you had a bunch of Moo Cows above you though! I would have had to complain to the hotel I think! Enough is enough. lol
Oh my goodness. Sorry to hear about your Dad! I am glad however, that he is doing okay now.
Way to go on getting that many pages done! And the ones I have seen are great by the way!
Post a Comment
<< Home