Time Sure Does Fly By ...........

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Thursday


My baby is now enrolled (and excited about) going to NEW CASTLE MIDDLE SCHOOL! Oh my word! We went to orientation yesterday ... got her schedule ... got her locker/combination (and after a few tries, got it to unlock, ha!)!


Little did I know that BESIDES enrolling her and all that yesterday, we also had to buy a yearbook (if you wanted one). OF COURSE SHE WANTS ONE! -At a cost of $28.50. And buy your gym clothes (t-shirt and shorts) - at a cost of $17.00 == for a total out of pocket just yesterday of $45.50! GRRRRRRRR. Did I know about this ahead of time?! Uh, no.

Next week, book rental in the sum of about $125 will be due on Tuesday (first day of school) and school pictures are taken on Friday, where the cheapest package you can get is about $25. UGH! Oh my word!

And yes, I took a FEW pictures yesterday. I didn't embarrass Morgan. I really didn't! The pictures at her locker were taken when there were NO OTHER KIDS around. These pictures of the classroom were taken with NO OTHER KIDS around! I'm not THAT silly - to embarrass her ... just for my scrapbook sake! ha!

Well, that was my "emotional" day yesterday! (And at least Blogger is allowing me to post pictures today!) ha!

2 Comments:

  • At 6:40 AM, Blogger Kim :) said…

    LOVED the pictures Karmen!

    Oh, I'm all about embarrassing Kelsey if I can! *laugh* Not really. I always ask her if it would be okay for me to take pictures when her friends are around. And surprisingly if I DON'T plan on taking pictures she ask me to! Love that!

    Man, that bites that you had to pay for those things last night without notice! Ugh, that really stinks. And that seems like a ton of money for a year book!!?? Kelsey is always around $15-$18 I believe.

    And you've got to be joking with me? You actually have to pay to "rent" the school books? I sure hope you get your full money back at the end of the year? Oh, that would really stink! Here they check the books out to the kids and at the end of the year if that book is lost or damaged you have to pay for it.

    Here's hoping our girls have the best 7th grade year possible!

     
  • At 8:01 AM, Blogger kath said…

    Oh how fun and exciting! Great pictures.

    UGH on all the things you have to pay for! I still can't believe you have to RENT the books. That's a rip off!

    Thayer will be in preschool this year so that means some FREE time for me! Woo Hoo! I think I'm going to be lost without them all here. Picking them all up on the afternoon will be such a hassle. I pick up Thayer first at 2:30, then go to Chase's school to pick him up at 3:07, then back to first school to pick up Mason at 3:30. I'm NOT looking forward to that! I don't know how I'll possibly be able to work in Mason's class because of needing to pick up Chase. Unless I just have Chase wait at school, it would only be for like 20 minutes. I'll talk to Mason's teachers about it. They are coming for a home visit next week to meet Mason. Isn't that cool?!

    Sorry for rambling on your blog...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home