Time Sure Does Fly By ...........

Friday, March 16, 2007

My house is a MESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh sheesh!


Yes, this is the way my house has looked for the past week ... and I'm TIRED of it!!!! The SHORT version of the story is this ... we were planning to get new carpet in the living room, dining room, sun room, stairs and hallway (upstairs) this past Tuesday. Well, last Saturday afternoon, when my dad came over to help move a few pieces of furniture, I had the "bright" idea to rip up the carpet in the corner of the sunroom and see what was there!

Well, to my surprise ... it was nice hardwood floors underneath!!!! And of course, you know me, I couldn't stop with one little room ... I had to make sure it was all nice hardwood floors in the whole entire living room too! YAYAYAYAYAYAY! So at 9 p.m. last Saturday night, I was calling the carpet place to leave a message telling them NOT to cut the carpet on Monday morning (if they hadn't already) because we had hardwood floors that I could NOT cover up with new carpet, but yes, I still wanted carpet on my stairway and hallway (upstairs).

So, of course since the furniture is totally out of 2 of our 3 rooms downstairs, we decided while it was out, we should PAINT everything!!!! Oh my word! So we've been PAINTING all week long ... after our long days at work! Yes, this was NOT A PLANNED THING!!!!!!!!!!!! SHEESH!!!!

So, we're living in chaos right now, but I keep reminding myself that in a few short weeks ... hopefully DAYS ... my house will be back in order ... with new paint on the walls, new hardwood floors, new curtains and a new area rug or two ... in my nice and clean/organized house!

DEEP BREATH!!!!!! :0)

Have a great weekend! If you think about me ... you know I'll be painting some more!!!

Happy Friday!
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

  • At 2:44 PM, Blogger Kim :) said…

    Oh my goodness!!!! YOu crack me up. That is so something I would have done! I can't wait to see the after pictures! I think it is goig to be so pretty! I love hardwood floores. Love them! New paint always makes everything feel so good! And just think of the money you saved on the carpet! lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home