Time Sure Does Fly By ...........

Friday, November 30, 2007

Update on Granny

Well, I need your prayers. I need your prayers for peace for my granny, for peace for my mom and dad, for my aunt and uncle and their kids, and for me. It's time ... it's really time ... for Granny to go "home". There is no "good" time to die or to have a loved one die, especially around the holidays ... but hey?! What's a good time for anyone to die?! Ya know?!

Honestly, Granny is not doing very well at all right now. She's on more meds (which I disagree with, but oh well?!) and they are either making her a zombie (as in the picture above) and sleeping all day or ... depending on the day ... she's crying uncontrollably again. You never know from one day to the next which way the meds are affecting her. It's really quite strange, actually. You'd think once those anti-depressants got into her system, they would make her a zombie all the time, but nope, that's not how they are affecting her body. Strange. I honestly don't know WHY IN THE WORLD an 89 year old woman is on anti-depressants and "nerve" pills ... but she is.

Mom needs to make some hard decisions ... and she has no backing from her brother, my uncle. Although they are coming to visit this weekend. My cousin seems to think that she is going to take pictures of Granny holding her new baby (born in March) ... pictures, I am so sure! HELLO!? First of all, she is too weak to even sit up in bed and hold herself up, let alone an 8 month old baby! HELLO!? Second, she won't know who Valerie is, nor her baby. Third, she will either be a zombie the day she visits or crying uncontrollably ... a little hard to hold a baby at that point, ya know?! Fourth, she hasn't opened her eyes very much at all over the past 3 weeks, due to crying, weakness, whatever the case is, and so therefore, won't be able to OPEN her eyes to SEE the baby. Fifth, she doesn't seem to really KNOW anyone right now as it is, let alone KNOW that Valerie is there visiting with her new baby. Sixth ... need I go on??? I don't think so!!! You get the picture! :(

No time is a good time for a funeral ... I understand that ... but there is no "life" being lived here ... by Granny or my mother ... at this rate. Pray for peace ... for all ... for all the decisions that need to be made. Thanks!

Have a happy weekend!
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

  • At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My heart grieves for you all, but especially for Gladys. I remember her as she was "back in the day," always cheerful, eager to help out wherever she could, and giving me special "deals" on Avon. I never understood how she did all that she did. Go, go, go! Work, work, work! I know that she longs to enter the Presence of her Saviour. Can I tell you something, Karmen? When she does exit this life, step on Heaven's soil, and breathe Celestial air, she will once again be a young woman. I know that for absolute sure. Ask me how sometime.

     
  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger Kim :) said…

    Oh Karmen, I am praying for peace for your family. Peace of mind for your mom as she has to make these tough decisions. {{{Hugs}}}

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger LeeAnne said…

    Hugs to you! Let me know if I can do anything...now ...later. Whenever. You know I am here for you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home