8th grade band concert

Hello.
Well, the first 8th grade band concert was the other night and the kids did FABULOUS!!! They have been working on several pieces of music for quite awhile now and the hardest one of them all was STARS & STRIPES FOREVER. Morgan complained and complained about how hard it was and how they were DEMANDING so much of them, etc. Well, it all paid off. Monday night, the kids got a STANDING OVATION from the crowd after playing it, and they even played an encore presentation of it! YAYAYAYAYAYAY! Made me proud to be her mama. ha! Anyway ... they did an awesome job!!! The band directors have said (ever since last year) that this could possibly be one of the best bands come through New Castle in a LONG LONG LONG time! The band directors are quite ... shall we say ... demanding of the kids and sometimes that gets really discouraging. I hope Morgan can stick it out to Marching Band. I'm sure she'll love it. (My sister always did) Anyway ... they did a FABULOUS job and now we'll have a Christmas concert in another 3-4 weeks! :)
In other news ... Granny is still about the same ... very teary and weak this week, nothing new. It's very depressing. I haven't even had a chance to go out there this week after work any. I feel bad about that, in a way, but ... my time is crunched this week. I'm gonna try to make it out there this weekend.
I've had 2 jewelry parties this week. Well, almost. Had one Tuesday night and another tonight. YAY! The one on Tuesday night was pretty good. So far, close to $550 in sales and she still had 2 orders to get at work the next day. She hasn't called me yet, but she should be calling to close any day. The one tonight probably won't be very high sales, but that's ok. A party is a party! :)
Nothing much else going on around here. Have a great Thursday!
(Thought I posted this yesterday, but it was in "drafts")


1 Comments:
At 5:45 AM,
Kim :) said…
Doesn't it make you so proud to hear the music that your child can make with her flute? I cry every time we have a band concert!! I am just amazed at how much Kelsey has learned in the couple of years she has been in band! SHe loves band, can't get enough of it. So that makes me and her Daddy very happy!
Glad to hear your jewelry parties are going well! I hope that it is bring in a little extra $cash for you for the holidays!
Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment
<< Home