Time Sure Does Fly By ...........

Friday, May 09, 2008

Last band concert




Well, last night was the last band concert of the year ...... of our lives, I think. Ugh! It was LONG ... the above pictures show Morgan and Hannah (her best friend) goofing around before the concert and this last picture shows them "cheering" because of it being the last band concert. ha! They are crazy girls!

Morgan loves band itself and has learned a LOT ... but the band director is a pain in the patootie, so she will not be continuing on in band during her high school career ... I'm a little sad about that, as my sister was in band all through high school and absolutely loved it! However, the constant negative comments from the band director are a little much for a 14 year old to stand on a daily basis. UGH!

Not to fear ... music will not be out of sight. Morgan decided to join choir next year instead of band ... and she will keep her flute/instrument to play at church, etc. So .... music won't be forgotten!

Anyway, just thought I"d post a few pictures before I left for the weekend ........... OFF TO MICHIGAN SCRAP CONVENTION!!!!

Happy Mother's Day!!!!
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger LeeAnne said…

    WOW! I didn't realize you were leaving today...and skipping work!! I was like, "where is she????" I then thought, "I bet she left and took the day off." Oh well, nothing too exciting. Hope you have/had a great time! Happy Mother's Day!

     
  • At 3:25 PM, Blogger Kim :) said…

    Those two are to funny! I am so sorry to hear that the band director is such a jerk. That really sucks. I hate that it has caused Morgan to leave band, but I understand why it would!

    Hope you guys have a total blast at the convention this weekend!!!! I am SOOOOO SOO Jealous!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home