It's OVER ............... at least for now !!!
So, Friday night, we went out to dinner with Mike's parents, which was nice. After dinner, Mike's mom and I went over to Granny's for her to check out the sales ...... yes, mother dear was STILL over at Granny's trying to figure out how to price the fabric, which she had been TRYING TO DO all day long. Anyway ........ we left about 9 p.m. (She was still there, by the way!)
There was a few pieces of clothing and some things to do on Saturday morning, so mom asked us to come over about 6:30 AM -- ugh -- so we said OK. (What else were we gonna say?! NO?) Anyway, so we got home, got some things put away, etc. and went to bed.
Mike set his alarm for 5 a.m. because he needs a little coffee in the morning to wake himself up, so he thought he'd get up a little earlier than I needed to. Fine.
So, I "felt" him roll over about 5 a.m. to turn OFF the alarm ... and we were just gonna lay there for a few minutes and "rest" our eyes. (You KNOW what happened, don't you?!) Anyway ... at some point, his SNORING woke me up ... I rolled over to look at the clock (which I had forgotten he had turned off the alarm) and it said 5:57 a.m. UGH! We needed to be over at mom's in 1/2 hour!!!! JUMP UP OUT OF BED!!!! NOT a good way to start a LONG stressful day, but oh well?!
Luckily, I had taken my shower the night before, so Mike jumped in the shower. I was getting dressed and at 6:02 AM, the phone rang! HELLO!? WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND calls someone at 6:02 AM on a Saturday morning, except my mother ... so I answered the phone and the conversation went something like this:
Me: Hi. I know, I know. We're coming, but you said 6:30 a.m. and it's only 6:00 a.m. What's up?
Person on Phone: Huh? Who is this?
Me: (realizing it was NOT my mother calling at 6 AM) - Uh, who were you calling?
Person on Phone: I was trying to get ahold of Mike McKillip. This is "so and so" from work. We have a problem.
Me: Well, he's in the shower and unavailable at the moment. What can I do?
Person on Phone: I'm doing building check and this one door in the superintendent's office is open and the "bar" across it is jimmied open.
Me: Well, can you CLOSE the door??
Person on Phone: Oh, I don't know. I'm not allowed to do that.
Me: Well, today you are gonna have to do it!!!! We have a SALE! (no, not really) Let me see what Mike has to say about this. (Me, going to bathroom to ask Mike questions while in the shower)
Me (back on phone): Go ahead and call Gene, he can help you take care of it today. We have plans!
HA!!!! Again, NOT a good way to start the day !!!!! ha! My mom would NEVER have believed that Mike had to go into work that morning to help SHUT SOME STUPID DOOR for some NIMROD who can't figure out how to shut it himself!!!! LOL
Anyway ... the sale went pretty good all day! We had a few ladies at the very first FIGHTING over the fabric scraps! Yes, seriously! FIGHTING!!! Well, at least they were being very RUDE to one another! I couldn't believe it ..... over fabric! Oh well?!!?!?!?
Here are some pictures from our day:
This is the Fabric/Craft room - which mom was in charge of (and no, I didn't end up killing her before Saturday!!!)

Here's a portion of the Christmas Avon section of the house. (LOL)
Here's one side of the Avon "room" which housed the colognes, creams, perfumes, nail polishes, and various and sundry other items.Here's a side of the "junk" room which Allison was in charge of.
Here's the "kids toys" section of the Avon stuff.

This was the scene outside of Austin .... his sign says "Free, take 2" . He was hilarious with the signs he made that day! :)

Here we are after a long day's work! (Like my apron? We found that about a month or two ago and I KNEW I had to wear it the day of the sale!)
Here were the guys --- sitting on the front porch --- after their "long day of work" ha!

And me, at the cash register! WOO HOO! That was the highlight of the day ... getting to run the cash register!!!

So, obviously we didn't sell everything we had - made a huge dent in it - so we will be in the process of getting some stuff to Goodwill and figuring out what to do with some of the other Avon that hasn't sold yet! We still have about 1/4 of the fabric (none of the batting) and about 1/2 the Avon, if you are interested. (Just give me a call or email!!!) Seriously! We will probably have some sort of a regular "rummage sale" later in the summer, but for now, the big part is over!!! :)
Thanks for all your sweet comments and emails and phone calls and texts on Saturday - thinking about me! I really appreciate it!!!!
Sunday was church - (long service in the morning, ugh!) - and then I would have LOVED to have rested on Sunday afternoon but noooooooooooooooooo ... we had a wedding shower to attend at 3 p.m. So, we ate lunch, went home and picked up a few things around the house, went back to church for the wedding shower, went to the grocery, put the groceries away and then went back to church for service last night. UGH!!!! Long day!
Now, softball season starts tonight apparently! At least our PRACTICES start tonight! Hopefully I won't kill (or injure) myself playing again this year! I love to play ... and get some much-needed exercise! Our games will start the week of Memorial Day and our practices start tonight.
Tomorrow night, I"m going back over to Granny's to help clean up some of the mess, get things ready for Goodwill, etc. Wednesday night is our annual conference/voting at church. Thursday night is a LONG band concert at the fieldhouse and then Friday ............
SCRAPBOOK CONVENTION in MICHIGAN!!! YAY!!! Can't wait!!!! (YAY Kath!)
Also, my dad leaves for Costa Rica next Monday! YAY!!
So, busy busy week! I thought things might slow down once the sale was over, but ... doesn't look like it for now!
Happy Monday!!!!





1 Comments:
At 7:52 PM,
Kim :) said…
Yeah!!! I am so glad you can put that sale behind you. I loved all the pictures. I would have loved running the register also! That's right up my alley.
Your week sounds busy, but I'm loving the last part of your week! Those plans sound great. You guys have a wonderful time at the convention!
Post a Comment
<< Home