Aaaaahhhhhhh .......... Friday!

(Picture taken in Florida) Isn't it pretty?
Not that it's been a long week or anything, but ... I'm glad it's Friday.
I talked to Becky, my lifelong best friend from AGES ago last night on the phone. She and her husband and two girls ARE coming to visit next weekend - Friday through Sunday. I'm sooooooo excited to see them! I think it's been 3 1/2 years since I've seen then. I went to Kansas City about 3 1/2 years ago (in February) to spend the weekend with her when they first returned from China. It's been a long time. I can't wait to just sit and talk, talk, talk to her next weekend! YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!
In the meantime, I'm getting Morgan ready for camp this weekend. She will leave for church camp on Monday morning and return Friday afternoon late. Although she is SUPER EXCITED about going, Momma is having a little bit of a hard time with it. I sure hope she calls me sometime during the week. At 12 years of age, she still hasn't been away from us for a full week before. It'll be odd without her at home ... although I have plenty to keep me busy next week - with work, trial, getting ready for visitors, etc. ... I will still miss her.
Oh, my dad went back to work part time on Wednesday, did I share that? He had been off work for 3 1/2 months ... he's still in a cast/splint thing on his hand (from his hand injury), but is doing ok. He goes back to the Indiana Hand Center today to get some "therapy" exercises to do and a new splint put on, but for the most part, he's getting along fairly well. He thought he'd try 1/2 days for about 2 weeks and then go back to full time. We'll see how that goes. :)
Going to Sam's All-Star ball game tonight in Chesterfield, and nothing major planned for the weekend, just some cleaning around the house, vegging by the pool, etc. Hope you all have a great weekend!


1 Comments:
At 7:13 AM,
Kim :) said…
Yeah!! I'm glad to hear that you will be getting to spend some time with Becki next weekend. That's great! Enjoy every second of it!
Aww {{hugs}} it is difficult when our babies go away for a week! She will call mom.. I'm sure of it. :)
Glad to hear that your Dad has gone back to work. That is progress!!
Have a super weekend. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home