Time Sure Does Fly By ...........

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Well, well, well ... just goes to show you ....

Hm ........... just goes to show you when you ask a question, sometimes you get a "good" answer.

Let me explain ...

We have been thinking about switching our home email service from SLOW dial up to dsl (or cable), but I just hate the thought of having to switch all that stuff, switch email addresses with everyone under the sun. We've had this same account for probably 10 years with Earthlink/Mindspring.

So I decided to call/email them today about our account information. I got onto a "live chat" with someone this morning and explained our situation ... about wanting to switch to dsl or cable, but ... not wanting the hassle of it all ... not wanting to switch email addresses ... not really wanting to switch companies, BUT ... we were paying $23.95/month for dial up and some of the dsl promotions going on right now are $19.99/month for 12 months, so that seems silly for us to be paying MORE for dial up, than the dsl costs with another company. Also, we have been customers with this same company for almost 10 years. I explained all this to the nice "live chat" person ... who promptly said that they could lower my monthly bill (for dial up) to $15.95/month (from the original $23.95/month).

Well, that sounded great ... however, my boss has ALWAYS taught me to ask "if that's your LOWEST and BEST offer", so I did. What the heck?! All they could do was say no, right?

So, the "live chat" person said, hold on and let me check with my account manager. He IM'd me again and said that the best offer they could do was $11.95/month, was that ok? SURE THING! Yay! So now, we are going to be getting our internet connection for LESS THAN 1/2 of what we've been paying all these years! WAHOO!!! YIPPEE SKIPPEE for me!

It just goes to show you ......... it never hurts to ask.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Where is your buddy? She is not talking to me!!!!! WAAAAAHHHH!
    *not really... she just isn't online when I am!)

     
  • At 11:16 AM, Blogger Kim :) said…

    Very intersting Karmen!! I'm happy for you to get such a great deal!! Makes me think I should talk to AOL about this same thing! We have been with AOL for 10 years at least..... Humm something to ponder for sure!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home