Time Sure Does Fly By ...........

Monday, December 10, 2007

Our weekend ........

Ok, so we had a VERY BUSY, but FUN-FILLED weekend and here's the recap:

Friday night, we basically stayed in because Mike came home from work feeling bad too. UGH! We are passing this cold around our house, I guess. (Morgan was sick last weekend, I was sick - and still am - this week and now Mike.)

My dad called and wanted Morgan to go to the ball game with him in Muncie, so she did that actually ... and Mike and I had the evening to ourselves ... which would have been nice, had we been feeling better. But oh well?! I wrapped christmas presents and strung the lights on the christmas tree ... but Morgan wants to help put the ornaments on, so I waited to do that until another time ... Boy, do you know how difficult it is to string lights on a STICKY christmas tree? ha! Oh well, such is life with a real tree, huh?!





Saturday, we got up bright and early and drove to Indy for Morgan to get an autograph of ............ Mitchell Musso/Oliver Oken ... on the Hannah Montana show ... at the children's museum. We were there for awhile ... waiting (OUTSIDE IN THE COLD) ... but it was good. She was THRILLED.



We then ate lunch in Greenfield at a great pizza place and then came home to Walmart to pick up her cake and balloons for the b-day party that afternoon/evening. HOWEVER ... Walmart failed to let me know that they RAN OUT OF HELIUM .... so my balloons were NOT blown up when we got there! I was not a bit happy about that one!!!!! We came home and got everything else ready and then ran to Kroger (another grocery store in town) to get the helium - and pay DOUBLE the price - ugh!!!! But at least we got some balloons.

Then ... we headed out to the church in the freezing rain ... ugh! Things would have been fine ... except about 20 minutes before her party was to start, I remembered something VERY important .......... I had FORGOTTEN her b-day present at home in my closet! HELLO!? Mike to the rescue ... so he ran home and got it for me ... before the party started, thank goodness!!!!

Several of her girlfriends from school showed up for the party, which was nice!! They ate and talked and laughed and played volleyball with an invisible net (ha!) and told jokes and giggled some more. Finally, about 8:30 p.m. the party was over and we headed home ......... only to have one of the girls ask Morgan to spend the night with her that night, which meant ... running by our house to get her things for Sunday/church and then to Starbucks for a MUCH NEEDED Caramel Steamer and drinks for the girls and then to Emily's house!






Sunday morning was church ... and then rush, rush, rush Morgan to Auntie Al's house for their adventure to Indy to the HANNAH MONTANA concert!!! It was POURING RAIN after church but soon stopped and did NOT turn into freezing rain, which we were SOOOOOOOOOOOO thankful for. Mike and I then ventured on to Indy for a few hours to try to finish up some Christmas shopping ... and then home to rest for the evening.


It was a nice, FUN - FILLED, weekend!

4 Comments:

  • At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Woo Hoo Hanna Montana!

    How was the show! Hope you had a great time!!!

    Happy Early Birthday Morgan!

    Kath

     
  • At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh yeah, GREAT looking tree!!!

    kath

     
  • At 4:44 AM, Blogger Kim :) said…

    SOunds like a wonderful weekend! Busy, but it seemed to be all fun things! Kelsey is SOOO Green with Envy that Morgan got to go to the Hanna Montana concert! I hope she had a great time at it!

     
  • At 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Beautiful tree! Happy birthday, Morgan! And you got to go to a HM concert? Someone must love you very much. (Me? I'd rather go to a BRC concert, myself, but that's just me. Ha!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home