Thursday news!
Well, it's been almost another week since I've posted ... sorry. It's just been a busy week and no time to write ... and nothing major to write about. But here's what's been happening ...
I'm in full swing for the Christmas program preparations --
An old friend, who happens to have started coming to my church about 3-4 months ago, has been helping me this week work on the tarps/back drops for the Christmas program. Thanks, Ginger! We got quite a bit done the first night, but last night wasn't as productive. So we're gonna work on them this weekend and hopefully get a LOT accomplished. We have 4 big tarps - about 6 foot x 10-12 foot that we are painting scenes on for the program. The scenes are: (1) countryside (hills, grass, sun); (2) school/class room; (3) front porch; and (4) manger scene. So far, it's going ok. They are looking really good. I'll take pics of them when we finish! If the manger scene turns out at as good on the tarp as it looks on paper, it'll be sooooooooo cute!!!
I've gotten all 30 pair of the little white gloves sewn with sequins on them for the sign language songs. They will be soooo cute. Also, ordered and received the sunglasses for one of the songs entitled "You're Cool". Also, ordered and received the "jingle bracelets" for another song and got most of the white sweatshirts - except 3 little sizes - bought. (I"ll find the others this weekend, hopefully!) Also, worked out a way to find white baseball pants for the sheep/kids -- because THERE ARE NO WHITE SWEAT PANTS OUT THERE ANYWHERE for little ones at this time of year, I've come to find out! (Even had a friend - thank you, Julie - looking at over 11 stores in TN on her vacation for them and couldn't find them!) So we opted for white baseball pants, which will work just fine and dandy ...
I've also got a girl working on little "ears" for the sheep - she is making those - and found all the shepherd costumes at church and I think we'll be ok on those! YAY! (Don't have to worry about making those !)
So, all this "ahead of time" work helps my Type A / Organized Personality sleep a little better at night ... although, so far, I'm still not sleeping all that grand! ha! Don't know what that is about! Need a little Ambien, don't I? LOL Or "take a chill pill" !!! LOL
Tutoring tonight ... then an Uppercase Living party at my house ... then work tomorrow ... then painting on back drops till the wee hours of the morning! LOL
Happy Thursday!
I'm in full swing for the Christmas program preparations --
An old friend, who happens to have started coming to my church about 3-4 months ago, has been helping me this week work on the tarps/back drops for the Christmas program. Thanks, Ginger! We got quite a bit done the first night, but last night wasn't as productive. So we're gonna work on them this weekend and hopefully get a LOT accomplished. We have 4 big tarps - about 6 foot x 10-12 foot that we are painting scenes on for the program. The scenes are: (1) countryside (hills, grass, sun); (2) school/class room; (3) front porch; and (4) manger scene. So far, it's going ok. They are looking really good. I'll take pics of them when we finish! If the manger scene turns out at as good on the tarp as it looks on paper, it'll be sooooooooo cute!!!
I've gotten all 30 pair of the little white gloves sewn with sequins on them for the sign language songs. They will be soooo cute. Also, ordered and received the sunglasses for one of the songs entitled "You're Cool". Also, ordered and received the "jingle bracelets" for another song and got most of the white sweatshirts - except 3 little sizes - bought. (I"ll find the others this weekend, hopefully!) Also, worked out a way to find white baseball pants for the sheep/kids -- because THERE ARE NO WHITE SWEAT PANTS OUT THERE ANYWHERE for little ones at this time of year, I've come to find out! (Even had a friend - thank you, Julie - looking at over 11 stores in TN on her vacation for them and couldn't find them!) So we opted for white baseball pants, which will work just fine and dandy ...
I've also got a girl working on little "ears" for the sheep - she is making those - and found all the shepherd costumes at church and I think we'll be ok on those! YAY! (Don't have to worry about making those !)
So, all this "ahead of time" work helps my Type A / Organized Personality sleep a little better at night ... although, so far, I'm still not sleeping all that grand! ha! Don't know what that is about! Need a little Ambien, don't I? LOL Or "take a chill pill" !!! LOL
Tutoring tonight ... then an Uppercase Living party at my house ... then work tomorrow ... then painting on back drops till the wee hours of the morning! LOL
Happy Thursday!


1 Comments:
At 8:12 PM,
Kim :) said…
Glad that you have Ginger helping you this year! I know you love doing this stuff. You were made for it! You always do a wonderful. Enjoy it. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home