Time Sure Does Fly By ...........

Friday, October 31, 2008

Tutoring update

Well, mom and I went to tutor last night again. We missed last week - due to fall break and mom's back surgery - so the girls were excited to see us again!!

Tammy, their mom, HAD ended up going to parent/teacher conferences last week - I found out - and both teachers talked (very sternly) to her about helping us to help the girls ... that we can't possibly do it by ourselves and that she needed to help at home, help them with remembering their homework, agendas, etc. So we'll see. Both teachers told me that when they've talked to her before about it, it gets better for awhile, but then goes back down. Ugh! We shall see.

When I first got there last night, Tammy was actually helping Sharon do part of her homework and Sharon was sitting on the couch doing it. YAY! So then we went to the library and finished her homework - mom works with Cassey - and then started on spelling and reading. (That's our main focus)

Sharon really seems to LOVE reading the words, then cutting the letters apart and putting the words together and then taking her test, which is what we did. She did great. She's really getting the hang of "sounding out" her letters/sounds - phonics, which she SHOULD HAVE LEARNED IN KINDERGARTEN/1st GRADE - but anyway ...

So, she was taking the "test" and I was "grading" it and I came to the end and she had gotten them all right and my face looked "funny" and I pulled Sharon over to me and gave her a big hug and she asked what that was for and I told her for trying her best and for getting them all right! YAY!!!! We then did some puzzles (which she loves) and then did the "test" again and once again, she did great.

So today, I had emailed her teacher telling her what a great job she did last night and her teacher just emailed me this:

I have a Happy report for you! She only missed 1! Wow! I am so proud of her. Be proud!

I am SOOOOOOOOOOO proud of her! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!

Happy Weekend/Happy Halloween/Happy Friday!!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:43 AM, Blogger Kim :) said…

    That is a wonderful report from the teachers! I hope that the talk with Mom will help! I just don't get her..... You guys are wonderful to be doing what you are doing!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home