What is my message/mission????
I've read several other blogs here recently and heard some sermons and lessons on this very thing?
What is YOUR message? What is YOUR mission in life?
I haven't stopped to think about it very much until now. What IS my message? What IS my mission? And whatever it is, am I accomplishing it? Some days, I could answer YES wholeheartedly to that and some days, I'm afraid I would have to answer NO. And then I wonder - how do I convey my message - to others? How do I reach my mission?
Some days, my message is simple: Live life to the fullest and portray a Christ-like image to everyone you come in contact with. Ok, seems simple enough, huh!? But when reality hits and you are running late in the morning, or you have a run in the ONLY black pair of hose that you own, (trivial things), etc. it's not quite as simple as that, huh!? I invariably raise my voice to my daughter and say "hurry up" when she's already hurrying and it was me who got her up late to begin with. Thus, starting the day off on a "rushing" note. Not good.
Some days, the message/mission is harder. Lots harder. Life is hard sometimes and the choices and decisions that we make affect lots of people and affect us more than just on that very day ... what am I conveying then? What message do people see from me then?
I'm asking all these rhetorical questions here - and not really answering many of them - because it's a reflection time for me right now. I'm trying to figure out in my own mind what my message is and what I'm supposed to be doing each and every day. I'm 39 years old and sometimes, I ask myself, what have you accomplished in the past 39 years? And what are you accomplishing this year? What are you gonna accomplish in the future?
It was fun yesterday sit back and count all the blessings I have in life. Believe me, after I finished posting, I thought of LOTS and LOTS of other blessings, but didn't really think it appropriate to keep "editing" my blog every time I thought of something good to add. (ha!) But I made a mental list of things and people who are blessings to me ... it's amazing! Especially the people. YOU! You made my list of people/friends I am especially blessed to have ... I just hope that I made your "blessings" list as well.
Sorry for all my rambling thoughts today ... lots on my mind.
Love ya all!
What is YOUR message? What is YOUR mission in life?
I haven't stopped to think about it very much until now. What IS my message? What IS my mission? And whatever it is, am I accomplishing it? Some days, I could answer YES wholeheartedly to that and some days, I'm afraid I would have to answer NO. And then I wonder - how do I convey my message - to others? How do I reach my mission?
Some days, my message is simple: Live life to the fullest and portray a Christ-like image to everyone you come in contact with. Ok, seems simple enough, huh!? But when reality hits and you are running late in the morning, or you have a run in the ONLY black pair of hose that you own, (trivial things), etc. it's not quite as simple as that, huh!? I invariably raise my voice to my daughter and say "hurry up" when she's already hurrying and it was me who got her up late to begin with. Thus, starting the day off on a "rushing" note. Not good.
Some days, the message/mission is harder. Lots harder. Life is hard sometimes and the choices and decisions that we make affect lots of people and affect us more than just on that very day ... what am I conveying then? What message do people see from me then?
I'm asking all these rhetorical questions here - and not really answering many of them - because it's a reflection time for me right now. I'm trying to figure out in my own mind what my message is and what I'm supposed to be doing each and every day. I'm 39 years old and sometimes, I ask myself, what have you accomplished in the past 39 years? And what are you accomplishing this year? What are you gonna accomplish in the future?
It was fun yesterday sit back and count all the blessings I have in life. Believe me, after I finished posting, I thought of LOTS and LOTS of other blessings, but didn't really think it appropriate to keep "editing" my blog every time I thought of something good to add. (ha!) But I made a mental list of things and people who are blessings to me ... it's amazing! Especially the people. YOU! You made my list of people/friends I am especially blessed to have ... I just hope that I made your "blessings" list as well.
Sorry for all my rambling thoughts today ... lots on my mind.
Love ya all!


1 Comments:
At 7:47 AM,
Kim :) said…
This really makes me stop and think! Thanks for that!
Post a Comment
<< Home