Choices, choices, choices!!!
Well, it's been a crazy busy week to say the least ... work, church, home, work, church, home, etc. You get the picture.
Besides that, yesterday after work, Morgan had an eye exam appointment. She had complained back in about 4th or 5th grade about blurry vision, headaches, etc. and we just attributed it to the school asbestos, etc. Anyway ... nothing more has been said ... until this school year started. She sits in the back row in one of her classes and she couldn't see the board very well, etc. I didn't know if it was just a "fad" that is going around and some of her friends were getting glasses, so yeah, let's tell mom I can't see either. WRONG!?
We went to the eye doctor yesterday and lo and behold, it's not terrible, but her vision is 20/50 in one eye and 20/60 in the other and she has an astigmatism (sp?) in both eyes right now. Ugh! Ok fine.
So, we get the task of choosing frames ... do you happen to know how hard that might be for a 12 year old who hasn't ever chosen glasses before ... (see pictures)


Well, after about 20-30 minutes of choosing and re-choosing and trying on and re-trying on, she went back to the VERY FIRST PAIR THAT SHE TRIED ON! Can you believe that?! I didn't really like them at first, but even after she tried on all the other 50 pair (ok, I might be exaggerating a teensy tiny bit), I liked the first ones the best too! :)
So, they'll be in in about a week and we'll go back and they will be fitted and all that, and she'll be in the "glasses" world then! She seems pretty excited about it right now, so hopefully that excitement will continue and she'll love them ... for the rest of her life! ha!
Hope you all have a great weekend!!!
Besides that, yesterday after work, Morgan had an eye exam appointment. She had complained back in about 4th or 5th grade about blurry vision, headaches, etc. and we just attributed it to the school asbestos, etc. Anyway ... nothing more has been said ... until this school year started. She sits in the back row in one of her classes and she couldn't see the board very well, etc. I didn't know if it was just a "fad" that is going around and some of her friends were getting glasses, so yeah, let's tell mom I can't see either. WRONG!?
We went to the eye doctor yesterday and lo and behold, it's not terrible, but her vision is 20/50 in one eye and 20/60 in the other and she has an astigmatism (sp?) in both eyes right now. Ugh! Ok fine.
So, we get the task of choosing frames ... do you happen to know how hard that might be for a 12 year old who hasn't ever chosen glasses before ... (see pictures)


Well, after about 20-30 minutes of choosing and re-choosing and trying on and re-trying on, she went back to the VERY FIRST PAIR THAT SHE TRIED ON! Can you believe that?! I didn't really like them at first, but even after she tried on all the other 50 pair (ok, I might be exaggerating a teensy tiny bit), I liked the first ones the best too! :)
So, they'll be in in about a week and we'll go back and they will be fitted and all that, and she'll be in the "glasses" world then! She seems pretty excited about it right now, so hopefully that excitement will continue and she'll love them ... for the rest of her life! ha!
Hope you all have a great weekend!!!


3 Comments:
At 6:26 AM,
Kim :) said…
You crack me up. I would have been thinking the same thing (about the fad!*laugh*)
I'm glad to hear she is excited about them. Hopefully she will realize she can see better with them on and wear them like she is supposed to!
At 6:45 AM,
kath said…
AHHH the excitement of glasses! That'll be a fun layout.
At 7:34 AM,
Anonymous said…
I remember getting mine in 4th grade and being amazed that other people never saw the board in the blur that I did. I walked around for days looking at something through my glasses, taking them off and looking again and being amazed at all the detail I had missed!
BTW: Can you access my site yet?
Post a Comment
<< Home