Well, she made it her first day!
Life as I once knew it as an organized, Type A family ... is now over ... we have a 7th grader in our household now! GRRRRRRRRRR! Me and un-organization and "spur of the moment" don't go well together. Ugh!
(By the way, Blogger is still NOT allowing me to post pictures. GRRRRR!)
Anyway, Morgan had a good first day of school. She said she only got lost once, because she went up a different set of stairs than what she knew and then she couldn't find her classroom, but she asked someone and they helped her find it. She DID make it to all her classes on time and even stopped by the bathroom once in between classes. YAY! Everything seemed to go OK for her, yay! We had Back to School Night last night, where the parents get to meet each of the teachers, get the syllabus and expectations sheets, etc.
Morgan is going to try out for v-ball this year. I don't know if she'll make it or not, but I'm encouraging her to try out at least. They will have practice/open gym after school today and tomorrow till 4:30 p.m. and then try outs are on Friday and Monday till 5:00 p.m., so say a little prayer for her ... either way. I'll keep you posted.
As soon as Blogger lets me post pictures, I'll do that! GRRRRRRR!
Also, as a side note: Morgan and I went to Crystal's GOALS graduation the other night. She got an award for positive attitude and a certificate of completion -- YAY CRYSTAL! However, it was quite depressing, actually. Her parents were NOT there! HELLO!? How do you expect these kids to make it in life and get their "act together", if you don't show some support and encouragement to them! GRRRRRR! Her parents really make me upset sometimes! Oh well, we were there and she was THRILLED to have us there to support her!!!!
Another side note: My mom took my Grandma to the nephrologist on Friday. She is apparently in Stage 4 of 5 stages of kidney failure. Not good! She had a kidney ultrasound yesterday. You don't get on dialysis until you are in Stage 5, but by then, it's really bad ... as if it's not now. :( Anyway, please continue to remember her in your prayers ... and my mom too. Granny isn't feeling very good and mom is dreading the thought of kidney dialysis for her.
Ok, enough side notes for today. Back to work!
(By the way, Blogger is still NOT allowing me to post pictures. GRRRRR!)
Anyway, Morgan had a good first day of school. She said she only got lost once, because she went up a different set of stairs than what she knew and then she couldn't find her classroom, but she asked someone and they helped her find it. She DID make it to all her classes on time and even stopped by the bathroom once in between classes. YAY! Everything seemed to go OK for her, yay! We had Back to School Night last night, where the parents get to meet each of the teachers, get the syllabus and expectations sheets, etc.
Morgan is going to try out for v-ball this year. I don't know if she'll make it or not, but I'm encouraging her to try out at least. They will have practice/open gym after school today and tomorrow till 4:30 p.m. and then try outs are on Friday and Monday till 5:00 p.m., so say a little prayer for her ... either way. I'll keep you posted.
As soon as Blogger lets me post pictures, I'll do that! GRRRRRRR!
Also, as a side note: Morgan and I went to Crystal's GOALS graduation the other night. She got an award for positive attitude and a certificate of completion -- YAY CRYSTAL! However, it was quite depressing, actually. Her parents were NOT there! HELLO!? How do you expect these kids to make it in life and get their "act together", if you don't show some support and encouragement to them! GRRRRRR! Her parents really make me upset sometimes! Oh well, we were there and she was THRILLED to have us there to support her!!!!
Another side note: My mom took my Grandma to the nephrologist on Friday. She is apparently in Stage 4 of 5 stages of kidney failure. Not good! She had a kidney ultrasound yesterday. You don't get on dialysis until you are in Stage 5, but by then, it's really bad ... as if it's not now. :( Anyway, please continue to remember her in your prayers ... and my mom too. Granny isn't feeling very good and mom is dreading the thought of kidney dialysis for her.
Ok, enough side notes for today. Back to work!


2 Comments:
At 7:14 AM,
Kim :) said…
yeah! I'm glad to hear that Morgan's first day went well. I'm with you on the unorganized and spur of the moment stuff. I see it coming, and I don't like it! lol We will get through this.. somehow. lol
Those accomplishments for Crystal are wonderful! I can't believe that her parents weren't there. That makes me very sad for her. Having you and Morgan there was wonderful. At least she had someone there that cares for her!
I will keep your grandma in my thoughts and prayers. Makes me sad to hear what she is having to go through.
I hope Blogger acts better for you soon! I want to see some pictures!
At 7:23 AM,
Anonymous said…
It is my personal belief that Blogger is evil! That was one of the reasons I went to blogdrive, because blogger seems so temperamental!
Praying for your grandma!
Post a Comment
<< Home