Time Sure Does Fly By ...........

Monday, October 09, 2006

Not exactly as planned .... but nice!

Ok, so my weekend didn't go exactly as I had planned it, but it was a nice weekend.

Here's a quick recap:

Friday night, went to the church to scrap ... with a rice pack around my neck - to heat up several times during the evening. Morgan did end up going with me, so I only stayed till about 9:30 p.m. but got lots of journaling done in my scrapbooks. Still need to journal in one scrapbook, but oh well?! It's pretty caught up except for journaling, so that's good.

Saturday morning, went to Katherine's for the morning. Ran her EVERYWHERE around town - to the orchard, to the Family Dollar store, back home to get something she forgot, out to Walmart, back to get her hair done, etc. By the time I got through running and putting groceries away, it was about 12:30 p.m. and I was pooped.

Morgan went on to the fall festival with friends ... which was fine, but then she ended up going to the band contest in Indianapolis and so she was gone till midnight! Ugh! Mom and I ended up driving to Muncie to a couple of stores (Target, for sure) on Saturday afternoon and eating at Fazoli's for a mid-afternoon lunch/supper break. It was a nice day. That evening, Mike and I got some things done around the house and just vegged and watched tv.

Sunday was church - which was a "surprise" pastor appreciation Sunday, along with a baptismal service and communion. It was a great day! (very emotional) The pastor was sooooooooooo surprised about the pastor appreciation and the fact that someone had arranged for his parents (and brother) to come from Iowa to surprise him. It was truly a surprise and very emotional for him.

We then TRIED to nap yesterday afternoon. Because it was such a nice, nice day, we had our windows open, right?! Ok fine. Well, our neighbor behind us decided to CLEAN OUT HIS TRUCK AND GARAGE all afternoon and SLAM doors and windows and the like, so guess what this means??? We did NOT get our Sunday afternoon nap because I was laying on the couch and MIke was sitting in his chair ... IN THE LIVING ROOM ... and the windows were open ... you're getting the picture, right?!

Oh well, Sunday evening, we had a "harvest" party at a person's farm - from church - and it was fun. The kids really enjoyed it a lot! Hay rides, bobbing for apples, coloring pumpkins, a corn maze, etc. A nice time had by all!

And then it's Monday ... back to work. The ONLY good thing about today ... MY BOSS IS GONE till Thursday ... in Idaho ... taking pictures! (He should scrap! NOT!)

My dad's having foot surgery tomorrow, so I doubt I'll post ... unless it's later in the day/night. Thanks for your thoughts/prayers tomorrow.

Have a great - rest of the - Monday!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:28 AM, Blogger Kim :) said…

    Even though not all went as planned it sounds as if you had a nice weekened in the end. :) Glad you were able to get some of the journaling that you needed to! Any is better then none! :)

    Hope you have a nice week without your boss!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home