Time Sure Does Fly By ...........

Friday, January 25, 2008

More cleaning ...........

Ok, so this was the scene of my mom, me and Allison working in Granny's kitchen last night. *Notice the "HAVING FUN" expressions on their faces ... NOT! We cleaned out drawers and cabinets that hadn't been cleaned out in YEARS ... I mean YEARS ... literally ... I won't even tell you what Allison found in some of the cabinets ... YUCK!



We moved the kitchen table over to one side of the room and used one of the "shelving units" from upstairs to stack dishes and such on for the "estate sale" while cleaning out the drawers and cabinets. I mean, why put them all back in there after cleaning them out, right? (It looks like a mess but it was honestly in a little bit of "order".)


And this is the site of Granny's bedroom ... this is actually "cleaned" up with stuff on the bed for Norm and Mary to go through whenever it is they decide to come over and "visit" again. Ugh! (Don't even get me started on that one!) There are piles of fabric (imagine that), afghans, clothes, sheets and bedding, etc. for them to go through.



This is just ONE of the sets of Artex paints I was talking about finding the other night. Sheesh! We had TONS of these paints laying around everywhere ... and she hasn't been in the Artex business for at least 15-20 years. UGH! We even found some un-opened tubes! YAY!


Oops, another picture - I couldn't figure out how to delete it. Sorry.



And then there's the upstairs bedroom. This is from our "work" the other night, this is piles of stuff ... again, piles for Norm and Mary to go through ... estate sale piles ... etc. (but once again, even if it doesn't "look" like some sort of "order", it really is!)


And this is the "pile" of batting over in a corner in the bedroom. Yes, there is another HUGE box full of batting, probably full of about 20-25 packages in that box alone! UGH! Some quilter is gonna LOVE us!!!! (You can't really tell from this picture, but the batting is EVERYWHERE)


And then this is ONE SIDE of the Avon room filled with boxes from upstairs (the ones on the floor) ... We used to have this room quite orderly ...


This is yet another wall of the Avon room ....


And this is the perfume/cologne side of the Avon room ... (mostly, in alphabetical order, thanks for my Type A personality = obsessive/compulsive behavior, whatever you want to call it - but be nice!) ha!


Oh ... and while we were cleaning out cabinets in the kitchen ... I was up on a stool to get to the top things ... because Mom and Allison are so short (ha!) ... and guess what I found ??? (Can you tell from the expression on my face???) GROSS!!!! I screamed as soon as I opened these up!!! They are 2 ... yes, 2 ... containers with OLD FALSE TEETH in them! GAG! These containers were up in the cabinet where she kept spices and such! HELLO!? WHY would you keep OLD TEETH in a cabinet to begin with ... GROSS!!!! I about freaked! (And I don't know why I look so HUMONGOUS in this picture, other than I have on about 4 layers of clothing/shirts to keep warm, since we only have the heat on about 58 degrees!) ha!

On a more serious note:

This is the little vanity/mirror thing that is going to become Morgan's ... as soon as we get it home to our house. YAY! I have ALWAYS loved this little vanity and Granny has said for a LONG LONG time that we could have it! :)

And here are a couple of "quilt" finds that we found upstairs ... I get to take them home ... aren't they beautiful!!!
So ... that was the extent our of "cleaning evening" last night at Granny's house. We did come across some of the dishes that she used to make dumplings in, etc. Allison and I were reminiscing about some of those good ole times too! It was a nice evening ... even if I did find FALSE TEETH in the cabinet! ha!

Memories are what makes life worth it in the end, ya know??? Hold on to those sweet memories!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:10 AM, Blogger LeeAnne said…

    Karmen, You should save those teeth! You might need them someday! HA! The vanity and quilts look nice! Hope you girls get done cleaning soon!

     
  • At 5:48 PM, Blogger Kim :) said…

    Oh my goodness! when I frist opened up your blog today and saw your mom for the first time I knew exactly who she was!! There is no way on earth she could deny you!! WOW. that is great. You guys look so much alike!

    And you have me cracking up about those false teeth!!! I would have freaked finding them also though. lol

    I'm glad that you are making some headway. It's getting there!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home