Time Sure Does Fly By ...........

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Wednesday ... Hump day!

I'm sure glad today is "hump day" around here ... meaning it is half-way through the week. It has already been a stressful and exhausting week.

I was in court ALL DAY (and I mean ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL day) yesterday in a custody fight and have to go back tomorrow in another ALL DAY custody battle in another court here in town with another couple. UGH! Sometimes I hate my job ... well, not really, but the stress of it all just gets to me at times. Ya know?!

And then to top that off, we got out of court around 6-ish and then I went to my Granny's house to help mom clean some more. Do you realize how much STUFF (oh, or is that word "CRAP") that an 89 year old lady might have in a 2 story house?! Let me give you a little hint! She has been an Avon rep for 32 years and an Artex paint seller (home based parties) for YEARS long ago ... and she grew up in the depression, so she's not used to THROWING STUFF OUT!!! HELLO!? Shoot, she saved EVERYTHING!!!! Oh my word!!! And we are NOT SAVING IT ANYMORE!!!! We had about 12-14 bags of trash stuff this past weekend and another 8-10 bags last night. We worked past 9 p.m. last night and then I had to go home and eat a bowl of cereal -- which counted as my lunch AND supper yesterday! LOL

We are trying to work one evening per week and part of a Saturday on her house here in the next few weeks to TRY to get it cleaned out enough to have someone come and appraise the furniture, etc. and then to some day (and I mean SOME DAY) have a sale of her "stuff" that no one wants. There are only a few items of furniture that I am interested in ... nothing major ... but a little vanity that used to be my mom's (for Morgan) and one other piece ... that's about it. I have my memories ... that's all that matters!

Ok, gotta get TONS done today at work because I'll be back in Court tomorrow ALL DAY ... did I mention it would take ALL DAY again tomorrow?!?!?!?! Ugh! (Sorry, having a hard time getting everything done here at work, home, Granny's ... too much to do, too little time!)

Happy Hump Day!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:40 AM, Blogger Kim :) said…

    WOW!! That sounds like it is going to take some time to get your Grannies house cleaned out. I know it is a tough chore to do, but one that I hope you will be happy that you were able to help your mom with when all is said and done!

    Love ya!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home