Time Sure Does Fly By ...........

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Happy b-day to me!

Well, I've learned that apparently once your birthday starts with a "4", you start buying FURNITURE ... for your birthday. ha! (remember last year, I got a new roll top desk for my 40th b-day!) (See picture below of my new piece of furniture for this year's b-day!)





When we were over at Granny's the other day, mom wanted me to have some of the china she had, so ............... I needed a hutch type thing. However, our dining room isn't really big enough for the bottom part and TOP part of a hutch, so we started looking for a buffet or side board, as we soon found out that they called it. Anyway ... this is what we found at the antique mall in Centerville. YAY! I love it. I love the oak wood and the intricate design on the back and the bottom drawers! And yes, all my china is already in there! :) Now I just have to find something to put on top of it. A good friend of mine has several doilies and runners that she is going to let me go through tonight and "pick" something for it. YAY!!!

Also, for my b-day weekend, Mary and Marcia took me out to Indy on Friday night for a fun "girls night out". We went to Maggiano's to eat (yum, Italian) and then we were going to see a movie, but nothing major was playing. So we went to Bed Bath & Beyond and shopped some more! (I bought some china protectors for the china I was going to get ... and some other odds and ends!) All in all, a fun evening!

Saturday, Mike stayed home to work on the roof (needed a little patching around the chimney) with Dad and Mom and I headed to Centerville ... for the morning, so we thought! We had never really been to an antique mall before ... so little did we know, it would take HOURS and HOURS to go through! It was really cool, actually!!!! While there, we saw some friends from New Castle - how odd is that - and we also found some AVON stuff ... the same stuff that Granny has at her house. We started re-thinking the idea of having an estate sale, and decided to talk to the owner about someone coming over and seeing what they might be interested in for their antique mall. (Not that she has a lot of antiques, but you wouldn't believe how much Avon stuff and "junk" they had there that she had in her house too!) So, the "buyer" is supposed to call Mom sometime this week to set up an appointment to come over and hopefully BUY some "junk" from Granny's! YAY!!! I hope he is interested in all the same "junk" that we want to get rid of! ha!

Of course, once we found the side board that I liked, we could not fit it in my little car ... we sort of knew that going over there, but ... so we came home Saturday afternoon (not until about 4 p.m.) and Mike and Morgan took me to Muncie to Domo - a Japanese restaurant - for my birthday dinner! YAY! They also gave me a beautiful new tennis bracelet for my b-day! Yes, my tennis bracelet that Mike got me a few Christmases ago broke AGAIN here awhile back and I was sick about it, but knew I better not try to have them sauder it back A THIRD TIME ... so he just got me a new one! YAY! (Tried to take a picture, didn't turn out)

Anyway, so Sunday afternoon, after church, MIke and I headed back over to Centerville to get my new sideboard. I was hoping he would like it - since I had just told him about it and sent him a picture via phone. When we got to the booth, his words were: Oh, that's gorgeous! So yay! He likes it too!!! Not that he would care, but I truly wanted him to like it as much as I did! So, we loaded it up and headed home ... YAY!!!!

Other than celebrating all weekend, not much new news around here!!!!

Have a great Tuesday! (Wish the sun were shining!) ;)

1 Comments:

  • At 5:53 AM, Blogger Kim :) said…

    I love it!!! I opened your blog and saw the title of the post and a new piece of furniture and instantly remembered your desk from last year! Hey, if furniture is what makes you happy, then I say That is the perfect gift! It sounds like you guys had a good weekend. I thought about you all day Saturday while my little Turkey boy was sharing your birthday!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home