Monday already?
Wow, I cannot believe this weekend FLEW by and we're already back to a Monday ... ugh! So much to do, so little time ... that seems to be my saying these days!!!
Friday night, we went to Todd and Mary's to have a "Princess Party" for Catherine. She turned one year old on Friday. Can you believe that? Here's a few pictures from the party:



And then Saturday ... we had WINTER WEATHER again on Saturday ... about 10 inches of snow, blowing, freezing rain, etc. (AGAIN) and so my meeting was cancelled that morning. I thought I'd take advantage of not having a meeting and type on this transcript for awhile, right?! (Good idea, didn't pan out) I got about 30 minutes into typing and wa-la, the computer went dead ... black ... nothing. Come to find out, our electricity had gone out! HELLO!? Can't very well TYPE when you have no electricity, huh!?
So, I worked on getting some layouts "power laid out" for our Novi scrap weekend (in May), added embellishments, paper, etc. for awhile ... then decided to go out and shovel for awhile ... ugh! Luckily by the that time, my dad was back and he had come over to the house to help with the shoveling ... because MIke had gotten called into work that morning at 6:30 a.m. because the high school had gotten broken into ... GRRRRR. (Don't even get me started on that one!)
So anyway, once our electricity came back on in the afternoon, I decided to go ahead over to Granny's house to work. Well ... that would have been fine ... had THAT side of town also gotten their electricity back on ... BUT THEY HAD NOT!!! Mom keeps Granny's house a little chilly anyway (about 58 degrees), so with the electricity having been off for 4-5 hours already, it was down to 50 degrees in her house and a little TOO CHILLY for us to work over there. So, I ended up coming back home and typing on the transcript ... ha!
Sunday was church ... then I met a friend in Indy for a late lunch/early dinner for our bdays. We share the same bday - although she is a FEW years older than me - (just a few) - and had a nice time visiting and reminiscing about old times! (Happy bday Marisa)
For those of you who remember ... 5 years ago today, Emily Stroud was born/died ... can you believe it's been that long?! In some ways, it seems like it has and in some ways, not at all. Of course, Gracie's 4th birthday is next Monday, St. Patty's Day, she was born a year and a week (exactly) after Emily. Many, many memories.
Ok, off to work now.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home