Time Sure Does Fly By ...........

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Here's the news from our house ...........

Well ............. here's the latest from our house ...............

Monday night, when I got home from working at Granny's around 9:30 p.m. or so, Morgan was in her room ... CRYING in pain ... stabbing pain between her shoulder blades and she couldn't raise her left arm. I called a friend who is a nurse practitioner (and goes to our church). She said to get her in the shower and let the warm water hit her back and try to massage it out cause she was thinking it had something to do with muscle spasms maybe.

We were able to FINALLY get her in the shower ... to no avail. It didn't help at all. She was crying in pain ... big crocodile tears ... so I took her to ER about 10:30 p.m. or so. The dr was a little concerned about her heart, in that she couldn't seem to take deep breaths, raise her arm, etc. He did some tests and x-rayed it and all and said "muscle spasms" - just as predicted. They gave her a shot of something (can't remember) and gave her another pill before we left ... for the pain. Then gave me 3 scripts to get filled yesterday ... one for Flexeril, one for Anaprox and one for Ultram. She slept a lot of the day yesterday ... and I only gave her a Flexeril last night around 7:30 p.m. She was zonked by 8:15 p.m. I didn't give her that muscle relaxer this morning, but she went to school today. Hopefully she'll make it all day ... although she said her back was "sore" thismorning, it wasn't "stabbing pains".

The ONLY thing we can think of ... she's been in swimming for the past 2 weeks ... but she's a fish ... it's not like she's never swam before or anything. I don't know. It hadn't hurt any other time with swimming. Maybe her muscles just got all tensed up or something and had enough and started spasming - is that even a word. Anyway ... that's the story on that. So please keep her in your prayers. She has had some lower back trouble earlier, but nothing this severe and never between her shoulder blades. It was a little scary.

Ok, back to work for me!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:07 AM, Blogger Kim :) said…

    Oh my goodness! I thought I was going back a couple of months to when this happened to Kelsey! Her's was on the right side of her neck. It was very frightening. I don't think I've ever seen her in that much pain. We did the same exact thing you did. Took her to the ER. She got shots and some meds. THANKFULLY she hasn't had anything like that happen again.

    I'll pray that Morgan gets better quickly and doesn't experience that pain again!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home