Time Sure Does Fly By ...........

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Out of the loop .........

Hi.

I've been out of the loop for awhile now ... cause my boss gave me his cold last week ... and I've felt horrible ... at least until today. I do feel quite a bit better today -- don't want to push that fact -- but I do feel better, finally! However, Morgan started getting sick over the weekend and felt horrible yesterday and today both! UGH! AND ... school pictures are tomorrow morning 1st hour! UGH! Hopefully she won't look "drugged" in the pictures! ha!

Let's see ... what all has happened since last I wrote ... ha!

We played 4 softball games over the weekend - the end of our tourney!!! We won the 2 on Friday night and won one on Saturday, but lost the last one Saturday. So, that ends our softball season for 2008! I'm glad ... but sad ... I LOVE playing softball. Oh well ... on to Season 2009.

Last night, we met with Sharon and Cassey's teachers (our little tutoring girls) to determine how best we can help them this year with tutoring. We don't want to be working on something totally off base, so we decided to ask their teachers for help with projects, homework, etc. and what we could help them with. It was a very productive meeting. However, it goes to show me once again, just how LITTLE TIME we have with the girls each week. ONE HOUR ... that's it. Their mom has to do the rest ... I don't know if she even understands her responsibilities as a mother. She's pretty low functioning (so I've been told by a few people) and I truly think the 7th grade daughter (Emma) has been helping the little girls with their homework all these years -- which is great. BUT ... Emma is going to start having her own major homework now that she's in 7th grade. She's been such a little "mom" to these girls. The teachers said part of the problem last year was the fact that IF they did their homework the night before (which Emma helped them with, so she KNOWS they did it), they didn't remember to put it in their backpacks and BRING IT TO SCHOOL the next day! GRRRRR.

Even with Morgan being in 9th grade, she KNOWS that when she finished her homework, she is to put it with her school stuff - which is normally close to the door or on the dining room table - so she knows where it all is - for the next morning! UGH! BUT ... as my friend told me the other night ... she KNOWS to do that because we have done it every single night for every single year of her school career. Ya know?! If these girls mom doesn't KNOW to tell them to do that, then they won't KNOW to do that either. GRRRRR. It's just frustrating.

Oh well ... I just hope and pray that this little bit of time that we have to devote to them each week will, at some point in their lives, be helpful and that they will remember that someone (us) cared for them enough and loved them enough to want to help ... if but for only 1 hour per week. We shall see what the future holds!!!!

Also, I DID get a little scrapping in over the weekend ... even with a cold and feeling yucky! (Sort of) Mary and I ended up going to an acrylic album class in Indy on Sunday. (I skipped church because the class started at Noon, oops! I would have stayed home from church anyway because I felt bad and Morgan was sick, so ...) Anyway ... it was a neat class. I'd like to make another acrylic album (on my own) sometime ... but it really got me interested in stamping again. We used a lot of stamps and different inks, etc. It was fun! I then came home and took a nap and then worked on a few cards that I had waiting to be made ... it was fun ... and got the "bug" in me again to stamp/scrap SOON!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of that ... our scrapping weekend at the bed & breakfast is coming up shortly! YAY!!! Can't wait!!!! -- and the massages!!! Can't wait!!!

Happy Tuesday !

1 Comments:

  • At 3:42 PM, Blogger Kim :) said…

    I'm sorry to hear that you've been sick! I'm glad your starting to feel better, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Morgan comes out of it soon also! poor things!

    I think you guys are making a bigger difference in those sweet girls lives then you may think. Even if it's only one hour a week. I'm praying that they will learn from your examples and suggestions to do better in school this year! God has blessed them with some wonderful people to help them out! You guys are awesome!

    Yeah for you on stamping again! I didn't ever really do it much, even with me being a SU demo.. but I do miss the little bit that I DID do. I need to pull the few stamps out that I still have and give them a test drive again to see if I can still use them! lol

    Hope your week brings you healthier days!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home