Time Sure Does Fly By ...........

Friday, August 08, 2008

TGIF !!!

Boy, am I glad it's Friday around here .......... seems like a long time ago from last Friday. Some weeks tend to fly by and others just drag on and on and on .....



It's been a stressful week here - with another one of "those" headaches and dealing with all the pain of that. Finally got some meds from "Dr. Juli" the other day and so far, so good on it helping. It's not something I can stay on forever, but hopefully it'll get the inflammation down and start making my head feel better ... quickly!!!!



Also, had tutoring session again last night. I took a couple pictures of the girls on my phone - thus, the blurry pics - see below.

Sharon - 9 years old - is kind of shy and didn't really want me to take a picture of her, but she finally conceded and let me.



And then there's Cassey - 7 years old - who is a big ham - thus the goofy smile in the car!!!!

These girls .......... sheesh! What a home life ... I can't even imagine!!!! They tell us things ... that not every 7 and 9 year old out there should know ... ya know?! It's just sad that they have experienced, heard, seen, been involved with some of the things that they have at this early age.

Sharon started "Jump Start" this week which is a program offered through the schools to offer a little extra "help" to kids 2 weeks before school starts. She seems to be enjoying it - it just started on Monday - and her "attention span was actually pretty good last night. However, mom said Cassey was bouncing off the walls last night in her session. ha!!! She's a little jabber jaw and just wants to rush through things.

And they are both ALWAYS hungry ... luckily, we bring them a little snack each week ... which they have soon learned to realize and ask about it as SOON as we get in the car. ha! But still ...

The mom seemed to be better last night too. For a few weeks, she had a cold and you could tell she didn't feel very good and I honestly didn't know if she liked having us take the girls or not, but yet again last night, she was very appreciative and very much "back to herself" so that's good. I don't ever want her to think we're "taking the girls" from her or anything of the sort. We just want to help out ... they have a special little place in our hearts. Ya know?!

Anyway ... it's Friday ... and I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOO ready for a nice weekend!!! Happy Friday!!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:06 AM, Blogger Kim :) said…

    what a sweet post. I think the girls love spending time with you guys! And I am sure the mom appreciates it so much. You guys have such huge hearts. If no one else has said it. Thanks! Thanks for helping these two beautiful girls out! They are so lucky to have you guys in her life!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home