Time Sure Does Fly By ...........

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thursday ............



Where has this week gone? Sheesh, it seems like it has flown by ... filled with many things to do ... inside and outside of work ...

Tonight is our tutoring session with the girls. Yay! Last week, we took them out for ice cream at DQ and went to the park to "decorate" their folders for their school papers. It was fun. We talked a lot about "likes" and "dislikes" of school stuff, home, etc. Tonight is the "real work" and we are going to the library. YAY! Hopefully it'll go well! I am still trying to get ahold of their teachers from last year to try to find out exactly what we need to work on, etc. with them but no one is at school yet -- it's summer break. I'm hoping they will be at the school in a week or so, such that they can talk to us and let us know what's going on with them and what we can do to help! :)

Tonight, I'm also taking Morgan for an eye exam. She hasn't had one in almost 2 years ... and she seems to think her eyes are getting worse. 2 years ago, she wasn't supposed to have to wear her glasses on a 24/7 basis, just when looking "far away", but she has basically worn her glasses 24/7 ever since, and I think it has actually hurt her eye sight. Ugh! So ... we are probably looking at new glasses for her ... ugh!

Got an email from the lady last night at the Bed & Breakfast we are staying at in September for our scrap weekend - confirming our reservations and confirming our MASSAGES on Saturday afternoon! WOO HOO!!!! Can't wait!!! As sad as it may sound, that may be the next time I get to scrap ... September! Ugh! Things are just so hectic and busy in the summer, that unless we have a rainy day on a weekend or something when I have nothing else planned, I probably won't have time to scrap! Oh well - I guess I'll just keep taking pictures to plan those pages for September! :)

ALMOST finished with our "Polar Expedition" lessons at church for children's church ... and believe it or not ... the igloo is STILL STANDING! YAY!!!!


The kids have seemed to LOVE it when we have our story INSIDE the igloo!!! I'm SOOOO glad it stayed standing!!! I don't know exactly what I'm gonna do with all those milk jugs when I take it down - need to call the recycling place here in town and see if they want the milk jugs ... with lots of hot glue on the sides of them (ha!) ... or just trash them! :) (Any other ideas out there, let me know!)

Speaking of children's church ... we will start our new "teams" the first of August. I can't wait! There are 2-3 ladies who are very "new" to helping with the kids and then 2-3 other ladies who have helped in the past, but not recently! So I'm real excited about our new prospects of "teams" and I sure hope the kids mind! I had one of those "new" ladies help back in CC last Sunday and she really seemed to enjoy it, she said. I'm SOOOOOOOOOO glad! I hope this year goes well for both the new teachers AND the kids!

Ok, lots going on today and gotta run something over to court for my boss. Ugh! (By the way, he's back in full swing from his surgery and doing pretty well!)

Happy Thursday! (It's almost FRIDAY!)


1 Comments:

  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger ~*Morgan*~ said…

    Yeah so now that my vision is 20/200 or however you wanna write that...i think it has gotten just a tad bit worse...IM ALMOST BLIND!!!!!! LOL! Thats what Hannah said anyways.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home