Granny's 90th b-day
Well, today would be Granny's 90th b-day .... this picture was from last year's b-day celebration ... obviously ...
I was trying to go along ... thinking of today as "just another September 16th" ... but that thought soon faded when I went to get flowers this morning at Walmart to put at the cemetery. I then travelled to the cemetery and put the flowers on Granny's grave site ... no headstone yet ... sigh.
It continues to amaze me that she has been gone for 9 months ... 9 months to the day ... I still miss her ... I still love her ... sigh.
I was trying to go along ... thinking of today as "just another September 16th" ... but that thought soon faded when I went to get flowers this morning at Walmart to put at the cemetery. I then travelled to the cemetery and put the flowers on Granny's grave site ... no headstone yet ... sigh.
It continues to amaze me that she has been gone for 9 months ... 9 months to the day ... I still miss her ... I still love her ... sigh.
**Edited to add**
Today at lunch time, I went by the cemetery ... THE FLOWERS WERE GONE! I was livid. I went straight to the cemetery office to speak to someone in authority. After a bunch of blah blah blah, the lady seems to think that someone STOLE the flowers ... HELLO!? Who would do such a thing?! That's absolutely assanine!!!! I was sooooooooooooooooooooooo mad that when I got back in the car, I just lost it! I couldn't help it! I was so furious to think that someone would think of stealing flowers as a prank! Who, in their right mind, would do such a thing?! Surely everyone has been affected by losing someone -- why would they steal flowers from a grave???




1 Comments:
At 3:22 PM,
Kim :) said…
Oh Karmen!! I can't believe that someone took the flowers that you left on Grannys grave!! That is just unthinkable!!!! What the heck! I am so sorry. I know today was hard enough on you, much less having that happen!
(((SUPER BIG HUGS)))
Post a Comment
<< Home