My, oh my, how time flies!
Ok, so I promised some pictures from the weekend - and what a busy weekend it was - so watch out! There's lots of pictures posted today!
Our first order of business was Friday night - which was also Morgan's 15th birthday - and Carol Dinners (which is a choir thing she was in ALL WEEKEND) -- so we celebrated her birthday with presents and cake (on Sunday night for the youth group) ... here are some pictures of her birthday stuff:
Jonas Brothers cake, of course -- I spent 45 minutes of my 1 hour lunch hour at Walmart on Friday trying to "talk them into" putting this picture on her birthday cake. They kept trying to tell me that since they were "Famous" people, and "copyrighted", they couldn't put the picture on there. HELLO!? It's OUR picture ... with Morgan in it ... not just the Jonas Brothers themselves! So finally ... after talking to 3 managers and getting an OK from 2 of them, they agreed to put the picture on the cake for me ... only after I signed a form that said I would not SELL the cake to someone to make money/profit from it! HELLO!? I reminded them it was for a youth group of TEENAGERS ... and as soon as I got a few pictures, the cake would be DEVOURED ... not SOLD !!! ha! They agreed!!!

Morgan really loves HELLO KITTY at this point too - so she wanted to make and dress a HELLO KITTY from Build-A-Bear last weekend ... strange gift for a 15 year old, but hey! It could be worse! I'm fine with HELLO KITTY! ha!

And then of course if the new Jonas Brothers book ....

Here is one of the pictures of the girls at the Carol Dinners on Friday night. It's a madrigal performance, along with several other of the extra-curricular choirs that perform. It was a nice evening.

One of the songs was called "You're Cool" so the kids had sunglasses to wear.

Here is little Lynzi - angel - saying her part. She did a fabulous job! :)
Our first order of business was Friday night - which was also Morgan's 15th birthday - and Carol Dinners (which is a choir thing she was in ALL WEEKEND) -- so we celebrated her birthday with presents and cake (on Sunday night for the youth group) ... here are some pictures of her birthday stuff:
Jonas Brothers cake, of course -- I spent 45 minutes of my 1 hour lunch hour at Walmart on Friday trying to "talk them into" putting this picture on her birthday cake. They kept trying to tell me that since they were "Famous" people, and "copyrighted", they couldn't put the picture on there. HELLO!? It's OUR picture ... with Morgan in it ... not just the Jonas Brothers themselves! So finally ... after talking to 3 managers and getting an OK from 2 of them, they agreed to put the picture on the cake for me ... only after I signed a form that said I would not SELL the cake to someone to make money/profit from it! HELLO!? I reminded them it was for a youth group of TEENAGERS ... and as soon as I got a few pictures, the cake would be DEVOURED ... not SOLD !!! ha! They agreed!!!

Morgan really loves HELLO KITTY at this point too - so she wanted to make and dress a HELLO KITTY from Build-A-Bear last weekend ... strange gift for a 15 year old, but hey! It could be worse! I'm fine with HELLO KITTY! ha!

And then of course if the new Jonas Brothers book ....

Here is one of the pictures of the girls at the Carol Dinners on Friday night. It's a madrigal performance, along with several other of the extra-curricular choirs that perform. It was a nice evening.

And then there's the Christmas play at church ............
Remember me telling you that I had oral surgery last week ... well, for the most part, it went ok, but I was still not talking very good and on pain meds on Saturday morning for the one and only REAL rehearsal we had! So ... to say that it was a fiasco is putting it mildly. Not only did I not feel well, my jaw hurt from talking so much to the kids ... and I just generally didn't feel well ... the kids didn't sing the songs very well at all ... they didn't use hardly any of the props ... ugh! It was just a mess. On the way home, I almost started crying because it was just such a mess that morning. I talked to a good friend that afternoon who reminded me that things will be fine ... and that everyone loves the kids, whether they know the parts or not, and that normally when you have a BAD rehearsal, it means the performance will go fairly smoothly ...
Luckily, she was right! Sunday's performance was MUCH BETTER than Saturday ... we did have one little girl (on the front row) who wouldn't stand/sit still but hey! it's ok. Other than that, the kids did an awesome job and I was SOOOOOOOOOOO very proud of them. Here are a few pictures of the day. (Morgan had my camera and took a ton of pictures for me to choose from - for the scrapbook!)

One of the songs was called "You're Cool" so the kids had sunglasses to wear.

Here is little Lynzi - angel - saying her part. She did a fabulous job! :)
And here is Lauren - a little lamb - she had a solo for one of the songs and did a great job too!

Notice the little girl in the front row with her sunglasses on ... no one else has them on. She wasn't supposed to have them! She's the one ... grrrrr ... oh well!



And then we had some fun with Christmas pictures this weekend ... with Morgan and Rosie playing around ...

Only one more week ... Merry Christmas!!

Notice the little girl in the front row with her sunglasses on ... no one else has them on. She wasn't supposed to have them! She's the one ... grrrrr ... oh well!

And here is our manger scene - we ended up having a REAL Baby Jesus - who let out a loud WAIL at one point, but thankfully "Mary" - the girl in the blue - put his pacifier in his mouth and he went back to sleep! The kids all thought it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO neat to have a REAL Baby Jesus!!!


I then had a few extra vacation days, so I took Monday and Tuesday off. YAY for rest and relaxation ... except I shopped all day Monday ... in the freezing cold ... but got most all of my shopping done, so that's good.
Tuesday, I spent the day around town mostly ... Tuesday marked the one year anniversary of the day my Granny died. (She actually died on Sunday, but it was the 16th of December, so that's Tuesday this year.) Anyway ... since my mother STILL does not have a headstone on the grave and since the flowers I put out there for Granny's birthday were STOLEN that very day, I decided to go get some flowers and put them ON MY DINING ROOM TABLE to remember her by ... so here's the pic of the yellow roses ...

I still miss you, Granny ....
And then we had some fun with Christmas pictures this weekend ... with Morgan and Rosie playing around ...

Only one more week ... Merry Christmas!!
Hope you made it through the "novel" post this morning!!! Have a great day!!!!



1 Comments:
At 7:19 AM,
Kim :) said…
Sorry it has taken me so long to get over here and read your post. Happy Birthday Morgan! It sure looks like she had a nice birthday. The cake is great! I hate that Walgreens was being such turds. They get that way with pictures. Even the pictures that Kelley and I take of our families at Christmas they wont print for us because they say they are "professional" HA! Whatever.
It looks like the Christmas play went just fine! I know it had to be frustrating at rehearsal when things weren't looking so good, but I think your friend was right, everyone would enjoy it no matter what. You did a fantastic job once again!
I love the flowers for Granny. I'm sorry that you had to keep them at your home to protect them from stupid people who take things that aren't theirs!
I hope you are feeling better from your surgery now!
Post a Comment
<< Home