Monday ... February 18th
Hi.
Let me just say ........ (long story, short) .............
I was out sick most of the week last week with the flu and a sinus infection on top of that. Just got meds for the sinus infection yesterday. Ugh!! Wow, that flu knocked me on my duff! LOL Missed 3 days of work and could have possibly missed today ... couldn't knock the fever that went along with it either!
Back to my last post about the car ......... here's the SHORT version ............
About 2 weeks ago, started having problems when shifting into "drive" from reverse or park. My car wouldn't "go" into gear. (This happened 2 extremely cold mornings and I just blamed it on the weather.) However, when we also noticed a little "leakage" coming from the transmission line, we felt we better take the car in to have it looked at. Uh oh!
Yes, $568 later, we had 3 seals and a hose line revamped on our car and we were good to go ... or so we thought! Wrongo. On the way home from the garage place, I still felt the "jerking" feeling that I had felt at 30 MPH that we told the guy about! GRRRR. Needless to say, I called the guy back and told him of my frustration at spending $568 only to drive my car home - without the leaks, yes - but still with a "jerking" sensation at 30 MPH. He told us to bring it back in ... which we couldn't do for another few days.
Last Monday, when I took the car in (and thus, posted the "GRRRR post" about cars), he had just called to tell me that our transmission had gone out at some point ... HELLO ... and that he was going to charge us $1997 MORE money to FIX it. HELLO!? Uh .... no! Not happening. I was livid.
I called him back (because this message had actually come from the guy through Mike to me) ... asked him how in the world he could charge us $568 last Wednesday (5 days ago) and now he needed to explain to me why it was gonna cost another $1997 to fix our problem. He kind of stammered around and did some re-figuring in his head and came up with $1697 as the cost, since we already had the new seals and new hose kit. HELLO!? WRONGO!!!! Was I born yesterday?! I don't think so!
I called my dad to see if my uncle (or anyone he knew) worked on transmissions and explained the situation to him. He couldn't believe it! He then called a place in Anderson where he takes his vehicles for the university to and they could give us a "2nd opinion" on Tuesday. If it was truly the transmission, they could do the work for approximately $1350. UGH!
So, on Tuesday, mom and I ventured the terrible weather (and my cough and cold and the beginnings of the flu) to go take my car to Anderson for our 2nd opinion. Due to the weather that afternoon, the guy couldn't take the car for a drive, so he would call me on Wednesday morning!
Wednesday morning came ... and to my delight ... my dad called. The guy had indeed taken it for a test drive, brought it back to his shop to see what was wrong. Lo and behold, the first guy (here in town) had not "reset the computer system in the car" and thus, the computer system was reading our old "hose set and seals" and was causing the car to "downshift" at the wrong time. DUH!? A simple fix ... HELLO!?
Not only was it a simple fix, the guy felt so bad for us and because dad takes so much work to him, he didn't even charge us ONE PENNY! NOTHING!!!! He said to tell me MERRY CHRISTMAS (late) and to HAVE A GOOD DAY!!!! (Thank you, Don!!)
I don't understand all the mumbo jumbo of car stuff, but ... HELLO!? When you put new parts into a transmission system, which is what the New Castle guy did, you HAVE to reset the car's computer "brain" system so that it reads everything correctly! The Anderson guy told us that even after the New Castle guy would have put the new transmission stuff in (which it did NOT need), it could have possibly still "jerked" at 30 MPH because the computer system hadn't been reset still! Can you believe that?!!?!?!?! Oh my word!!!!
So, in the midst of feeling rather puny last week - with the flu and sinus infection, this was a BRIGHT SPOT in my week!
As I've always said ... I hate car problems and computer problems!!!! LOL
Let me just say ........ (long story, short) .............
I was out sick most of the week last week with the flu and a sinus infection on top of that. Just got meds for the sinus infection yesterday. Ugh!! Wow, that flu knocked me on my duff! LOL Missed 3 days of work and could have possibly missed today ... couldn't knock the fever that went along with it either!
Back to my last post about the car ......... here's the SHORT version ............
About 2 weeks ago, started having problems when shifting into "drive" from reverse or park. My car wouldn't "go" into gear. (This happened 2 extremely cold mornings and I just blamed it on the weather.) However, when we also noticed a little "leakage" coming from the transmission line, we felt we better take the car in to have it looked at. Uh oh!
Yes, $568 later, we had 3 seals and a hose line revamped on our car and we were good to go ... or so we thought! Wrongo. On the way home from the garage place, I still felt the "jerking" feeling that I had felt at 30 MPH that we told the guy about! GRRRR. Needless to say, I called the guy back and told him of my frustration at spending $568 only to drive my car home - without the leaks, yes - but still with a "jerking" sensation at 30 MPH. He told us to bring it back in ... which we couldn't do for another few days.
Last Monday, when I took the car in (and thus, posted the "GRRRR post" about cars), he had just called to tell me that our transmission had gone out at some point ... HELLO ... and that he was going to charge us $1997 MORE money to FIX it. HELLO!? Uh .... no! Not happening. I was livid.
I called him back (because this message had actually come from the guy through Mike to me) ... asked him how in the world he could charge us $568 last Wednesday (5 days ago) and now he needed to explain to me why it was gonna cost another $1997 to fix our problem. He kind of stammered around and did some re-figuring in his head and came up with $1697 as the cost, since we already had the new seals and new hose kit. HELLO!? WRONGO!!!! Was I born yesterday?! I don't think so!
I called my dad to see if my uncle (or anyone he knew) worked on transmissions and explained the situation to him. He couldn't believe it! He then called a place in Anderson where he takes his vehicles for the university to and they could give us a "2nd opinion" on Tuesday. If it was truly the transmission, they could do the work for approximately $1350. UGH!
So, on Tuesday, mom and I ventured the terrible weather (and my cough and cold and the beginnings of the flu) to go take my car to Anderson for our 2nd opinion. Due to the weather that afternoon, the guy couldn't take the car for a drive, so he would call me on Wednesday morning!
Wednesday morning came ... and to my delight ... my dad called. The guy had indeed taken it for a test drive, brought it back to his shop to see what was wrong. Lo and behold, the first guy (here in town) had not "reset the computer system in the car" and thus, the computer system was reading our old "hose set and seals" and was causing the car to "downshift" at the wrong time. DUH!? A simple fix ... HELLO!?
Not only was it a simple fix, the guy felt so bad for us and because dad takes so much work to him, he didn't even charge us ONE PENNY! NOTHING!!!! He said to tell me MERRY CHRISTMAS (late) and to HAVE A GOOD DAY!!!! (Thank you, Don!!)
I don't understand all the mumbo jumbo of car stuff, but ... HELLO!? When you put new parts into a transmission system, which is what the New Castle guy did, you HAVE to reset the car's computer "brain" system so that it reads everything correctly! The Anderson guy told us that even after the New Castle guy would have put the new transmission stuff in (which it did NOT need), it could have possibly still "jerked" at 30 MPH because the computer system hadn't been reset still! Can you believe that?!!?!?!?! Oh my word!!!!
So, in the midst of feeling rather puny last week - with the flu and sinus infection, this was a BRIGHT SPOT in my week!
As I've always said ... I hate car problems and computer problems!!!! LOL


2 Comments:
At 5:58 AM,
Kim :) said…
Yuck!! Sorry to hear you had the flu bug too! I know the feeling.
That car storry is a mess!! My goodness!! I am so glad that Don fixed it for you and it didn't cost anymore. Good grief. It makes you want to knock some peoples heads together, doesn't it???
At 8:37 PM,
LeeAnne said…
Like I said, Everyone has to have their turn! HA! Glad you are feeling better. I miss you! I feel like I haven't seen you FOREVER!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home