Friday ..............
Ok, so have you ever heard the saying -- Your eyes are bigger than your stomach??? Ok, so this is what I'm saying -- My igloo is bigger than my milk jugs! ha! Once again, Dad, you were right! We probably weren't gonna have enough milk jugs to finish the massive igloo that I had in mind. So, last night, me, Mike, Dad, Juli and Dennis worked on re-building the igloo.
Mike's idea was this -- cut off a section of the igloo (gasp!) and use that cut off part for part of the top/dome and move the whole igloo around (yes, MOVE the igloo) to use the "opening" against the wall so that we only really have 3 sides to the igloo and use the wall as a 4th side. Ok fine -- once I even understood what he was saying! ha!
Once they finally talked me into it, it was ok. We moved the igloo (it took 4 of us to do it), and it worked out. Dad and Mike then got to work on the top/dome part. It was looking really good and I actually slept last night without too much worry! (See picture below) See, not much more for the top/dome part to be finished! YAY!
HOWEVER, when I got to work this morning, Dennis called to say -- THE IGLOO HAS COLLAPSED!!!!! (See picture below)
So, after throwing up a few times (literally!) and having a SPLITTING HEADACHE all day long, among all the phone calls and ideas being thrown around in my head and others, we are going to re-re-re-build the igloo tonight.
One of the ideas we have is this: Use the PVC pipe as a brace in the center (like we did last night) and stick a big long golf umbrella inside the PVC pipe and then open up the umbrella and use the umbrella as the "brace/structure" for the milk jugs to lay on, and have the umbrella actually "support" the milk jugs. (POSSIBLY)
OR
Find a dome tent of the right size (that's the key!) and set it up and then build the igloo AROUND the dome tent using the dome tent as the support/brace for the milk jugs. Ok, that's the best idea yet ... HOWEVER, we can't seem to find a dome tent the right size. They are either WAY too small (4-6 people) or WAY too big (HUGE, not enough milk jugs). So we'll see.
I think it's gonna be a LONG LONG LONG weekend -- tonight and tomorrow night working at the church. I'll be sure and take pictures so you can see the finished product .... whatever that may be!!!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home