Time Sure Does Fly By ...........

Friday, July 27, 2007

TGIF!!!

Thank goodness, it is FRIDAY!!! Can I hear a loud WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO for that one!?!??!

Today started out with a phone call from mom at 6:30 AM stating that the dr has decided to go ahead and put a pacemaker in (Granny) TODAY ... and we needed to be at the hospital at about 7:30 AM. Ok, fine. I was getting up and getting ready for work anyway ... just not that quickly! ha!

So, we got to the hospital at 7:30 AM only to learn that there had been an emergency or two come in and her surgery was now slated for 10:00 AM. UGH! Oh well. They ended up taking her to surgery at about 9:50 AM, which wasn't bad ... and out by about 10:45 AM, which wasn't bad. The surgery went fine ... so far, no extra bleeding, etc. (They were worried about her "bleed time" not being too long, etc.) Anyway ... so the pacemaker is in, but that still doesn't help with her pain.

Her regular dr did some blood work and seems to think she might have poly-myalgia rheumatica or something. It's where all the muscles and your skin even aches/hurts. She put her on prednisone yesterday and was hoping by today, we could see a difference in her aches and pains, but so far, this morning, she was in misery. Don't know if this is the problem after all or not, but hopefully in a day or two, the pain will subside if it is poly-myalgia. :)

So ... I'm now back to work catching up on a few things this morning and then LONGING for the weekend! I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO would LOVE to go see a movie ... don't know if I can talk my hubby into that or not. We'll see.

Have a great weekend!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:47 PM, Blogger Kim :) said…

    OH wow. a pacemaker.. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all is going well with Granny now!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home