Underwear ............. ha!
This is an email I sent to a friend or two yesterday .... (Monday) ...
No clue where I left off at what you know about Granny right now. She had a pacemaker put in on Friday morning. According to her regular doctor, she has poly-myalgia rheumatica ... which is ...
Polymyalgia rheumatica causes moderate to severe aching and stiffness in the muscles in your hips, thighs, shoulders, upper arms and neck. Initially, you may have pain on just one side of your body, but as the disease progresses, symptoms are likely to occur on both sides.
Stiffness is usually worse in the morning or after sitting or lying down for long periods. At times, the discomfort also may be severe enough to wake you at night.
The aching and stiffness of polymyalgia rheumatica often occur suddenly, but sometimes may develop gradually. Polymyalgia rheumatica can cause other signs and symptoms including:
Fatigue
Unintentional weight loss
Weakness or a general feeling of being unwell
Sometimes, a slight fever
Anemia (low red blood cell count)
So ... they have her on prednisone for that, which hasn't seemed to help all that much. But oh well?! She truly is in pain ... but she is BEING a pain as well! (especially to mom) Mom got phone calls over the weekend at 6 a.m. on Saturday and 5:10 a.m. on Sunday ... Granny wanting to know where she was and why she wasn't out there, etc. We went to visit her yesterday afternoon and she was crying her eyes out because she hurt so bad, etc. I cannot, even when I'm mad at her, cannot stand to see my grandma in that kind of pain, ya know?!
Besides all that, the doctor is talking about releasing her after she gets some physical therapy this week and after making sure her pacemaker is doing ok. Well, mom doesn't want her to go back up the Waters nursing home (just because of various and sundry reasons) but yet, Granny wants to go back up there and will hardly listen to anything else anyone has to say about any other nursing home in town ... want to know why? Because ONE SINGLE LADY/NURSE up at The Waters talks to Granny about QUILTING and she wants to go back up there TO TALK TO THAT NURSE ABOUT QUILTING! Hello?! Who cares if she's not being taken care of, who cares if they aren't writing down when they give her her meds, who cares about REAL REASONS ... just because this lady talks to her about QUILTING! Sheesh!!!!!
So ... I go out there today during my lunch hour because I won't be able to go out there tonight (because we have 2 softball games). Was it enough that I spent my lunch hour out there? Of course not. As soon as I walked in, there was no HELLO! It was, Where's your mom? I said, I don't know, I'm not her keeper today? Hasn't she already been out here this morning? Granny says, well yes, but I need some UNDERWEAR? I said, what? She said, well, she had been having those Depends diaper things on and now she wants her underwear. I told her that I would call mom and ask her to bring out her underwear TONIGHT when she comes back out to visit her. Granny said that wasn't good enough, because she is supposed to go back to therapy at 2:30 p.m. and she doesn't want her butt showing! HELLO!? It's now 1:30 p.m. and mom has already been out there once this morning already and she has TONS of things to get done before she goes back out there around 5 p.m. So ... I did call mom while they were putting Granny back in bed from her potty chair. Mom said there was no way she was gonna drag the little ones (she has Allison's kids this afternoon) and Morgan out there to take her panties when she can bring them tonight ... just as I told Granny she could.
So yes, I go back in there and she is in bed, asked me if I had gotten ahold of Mom. I said, yes, and she will bring you out some underwear tonight when she comes back out. Granny said, well that wasn't the point of you calling her. I need them before my therapy at 2:30 p.m. I said, Granny that is not happening. She has little ones who are taking a nap, she has had to run here and there all day after being out here this morning and before coming back out here tonight, she is not making another trip. She went on and on complaining about it and such. I told her I didn't even know if they would allow her to have underwear on since it was taking her so long to get to the potty chair, etc. and she was still griping and I finally said, Granny. Listen to me, she is NOT bringing you out any underwear before your 2:30 p.m. therapy, she will bring it tonight. END OF STORY!
She didn't say another word about it. I called mom on my way back to work and told her not to bring it up to her tonight at all and NOT to let her bad-mouth her about it tonight. Take her stupid underwear and put it in the drawer and do not say another word about it. I will be LIVID if mom lets her bad-mouth her about it tonight. She will NOT talk to her like that. I was not harsh or rude or anything of the sort, but I was matter of fact in the point that she was NOT coming back out there! GRRRR. I hope mom sticks to her guns tonight too! We shall see. I'm about as upset with mom for letting her tell her what to do about certain issues too! :(
Ok, enough rambling. We have a make-up softball game tonight (actually 2) and I'm excited about VENTING/HITTING some frustration on the softball! Last week, I was so frustrated with all this mess and I had one of the best games ever! :) Maybe tonight will be the same!!! All I'll have to do is think of the "underwear" story!
***UPDATE FROM LAST NIGHT***
So, I called mom after we WON OUR 2 softball games last night ... to see how the "underwear" saga went. Mom took her several pair of underwear in a sack and took them in to her room, told her she had them and she was putting them in her little cubby/closet thing. Granny didn't say a word, no "thank you", no "complaints", no nothing! I guess that's better than complaining about it for hours on end ... and at least mom didn't have to listen to her! UGH!
What a saga!!!!
No clue where I left off at what you know about Granny right now. She had a pacemaker put in on Friday morning. According to her regular doctor, she has poly-myalgia rheumatica ... which is ...
Polymyalgia rheumatica causes moderate to severe aching and stiffness in the muscles in your hips, thighs, shoulders, upper arms and neck. Initially, you may have pain on just one side of your body, but as the disease progresses, symptoms are likely to occur on both sides.
Stiffness is usually worse in the morning or after sitting or lying down for long periods. At times, the discomfort also may be severe enough to wake you at night.
The aching and stiffness of polymyalgia rheumatica often occur suddenly, but sometimes may develop gradually. Polymyalgia rheumatica can cause other signs and symptoms including:
Fatigue
Unintentional weight loss
Weakness or a general feeling of being unwell
Sometimes, a slight fever
Anemia (low red blood cell count)
So ... they have her on prednisone for that, which hasn't seemed to help all that much. But oh well?! She truly is in pain ... but she is BEING a pain as well! (especially to mom) Mom got phone calls over the weekend at 6 a.m. on Saturday and 5:10 a.m. on Sunday ... Granny wanting to know where she was and why she wasn't out there, etc. We went to visit her yesterday afternoon and she was crying her eyes out because she hurt so bad, etc. I cannot, even when I'm mad at her, cannot stand to see my grandma in that kind of pain, ya know?!
Besides all that, the doctor is talking about releasing her after she gets some physical therapy this week and after making sure her pacemaker is doing ok. Well, mom doesn't want her to go back up the Waters nursing home (just because of various and sundry reasons) but yet, Granny wants to go back up there and will hardly listen to anything else anyone has to say about any other nursing home in town ... want to know why? Because ONE SINGLE LADY/NURSE up at The Waters talks to Granny about QUILTING and she wants to go back up there TO TALK TO THAT NURSE ABOUT QUILTING! Hello?! Who cares if she's not being taken care of, who cares if they aren't writing down when they give her her meds, who cares about REAL REASONS ... just because this lady talks to her about QUILTING! Sheesh!!!!!
So ... I go out there today during my lunch hour because I won't be able to go out there tonight (because we have 2 softball games). Was it enough that I spent my lunch hour out there? Of course not. As soon as I walked in, there was no HELLO! It was, Where's your mom? I said, I don't know, I'm not her keeper today? Hasn't she already been out here this morning? Granny says, well yes, but I need some UNDERWEAR? I said, what? She said, well, she had been having those Depends diaper things on and now she wants her underwear. I told her that I would call mom and ask her to bring out her underwear TONIGHT when she comes back out to visit her. Granny said that wasn't good enough, because she is supposed to go back to therapy at 2:30 p.m. and she doesn't want her butt showing! HELLO!? It's now 1:30 p.m. and mom has already been out there once this morning already and she has TONS of things to get done before she goes back out there around 5 p.m. So ... I did call mom while they were putting Granny back in bed from her potty chair. Mom said there was no way she was gonna drag the little ones (she has Allison's kids this afternoon) and Morgan out there to take her panties when she can bring them tonight ... just as I told Granny she could.
So yes, I go back in there and she is in bed, asked me if I had gotten ahold of Mom. I said, yes, and she will bring you out some underwear tonight when she comes back out. Granny said, well that wasn't the point of you calling her. I need them before my therapy at 2:30 p.m. I said, Granny that is not happening. She has little ones who are taking a nap, she has had to run here and there all day after being out here this morning and before coming back out here tonight, she is not making another trip. She went on and on complaining about it and such. I told her I didn't even know if they would allow her to have underwear on since it was taking her so long to get to the potty chair, etc. and she was still griping and I finally said, Granny. Listen to me, she is NOT bringing you out any underwear before your 2:30 p.m. therapy, she will bring it tonight. END OF STORY!
She didn't say another word about it. I called mom on my way back to work and told her not to bring it up to her tonight at all and NOT to let her bad-mouth her about it tonight. Take her stupid underwear and put it in the drawer and do not say another word about it. I will be LIVID if mom lets her bad-mouth her about it tonight. She will NOT talk to her like that. I was not harsh or rude or anything of the sort, but I was matter of fact in the point that she was NOT coming back out there! GRRRR. I hope mom sticks to her guns tonight too! We shall see. I'm about as upset with mom for letting her tell her what to do about certain issues too! :(
Ok, enough rambling. We have a make-up softball game tonight (actually 2) and I'm excited about VENTING/HITTING some frustration on the softball! Last week, I was so frustrated with all this mess and I had one of the best games ever! :) Maybe tonight will be the same!!! All I'll have to do is think of the "underwear" story!
***UPDATE FROM LAST NIGHT***
So, I called mom after we WON OUR 2 softball games last night ... to see how the "underwear" saga went. Mom took her several pair of underwear in a sack and took them in to her room, told her she had them and she was putting them in her little cubby/closet thing. Granny didn't say a word, no "thank you", no "complaints", no nothing! I guess that's better than complaining about it for hours on end ... and at least mom didn't have to listen to her! UGH!
What a saga!!!!


1 Comments:
At 5:57 AM,
Kim :) said…
Oh my goodness!! I tell you. Our Grandparents can sure Be Pains in their older years! I remember my Papa Doing some of the same things to my Mom! Oi!! I'm glad you stood up to her. Letting her win would NOT have been the right thing to do. They have to realize how they are treating others as well. I'm glad that she was nice to your mom that evening when she did take he underwear!
I personally think your Mom should just look into another place for your Granny to go. If she isn't being taken care of then she needs out of there! She will find someone else to talk Quilting to at another place!
and WOO HOO! ON the softball games! I know you enjoy them and even better when your playing good and winning!! I would love to have a team to play on here. Maybe one of these days..
Hope your having a good week!
Post a Comment
<< Home