Time Sure Does Fly By ...........

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

August 1st ............. sheesh!


My, how time flies! Goodness gracious, I can hardly even believe that it is August 1st. Can you? School will be starting in just a few short weeks - August 20th. Ugh! Morgan is actually looking forward to school starting, seeing her friends, getting back in the groove of things ... just NOT getting up so early. She's been sleeping in most mornings this summer. I have a feeling those first few weeks of getting up at 6 a.m. (or very shortly thereafter) are gonna be ... ROUGH, to say the least!

Well, mom called me last night after she visited with Granny. (I took the day/evening off from visiting, because my stress level just wasn't up to it yesterday) She said Granny was horrible ... in that she was griping and complaining about everything under the sun, very tired from therapy (although she was told she did fine at therapy), etc. Why in the world does mom listen to this from Granny? No clue. Why didn't she just walk out of her room and tell her that she would come out and visit when she was in a better mood? Who knows?! If it had been me or Allison acting/talking to her that way growing up, she sure would have told us what side of the bed to get up on the next day, huh?! Oh well?! (I reminded mom that I will NOT let her talk to me or anyone else like that when she gets 88 years old!) :)

So, just a few minutes ago, mom called to say that the hospital had called to let her know that Granny's doctor has now released her to go to the nursing home ... HELLO!? They hadn't fully discussed that option yet nor decided WHERE to go. Now, mom has to go out there and do all that crap! What a pain. I told mom I could come out there at my lunch hour and help her, but that I couldn't get away before that. She said ok. I told her NOT to let Granny talk to her so horribly anymore. I don't know why she does it. UGH! So, I doubt very seriously that mom will push the "other nursing home" issue and she'll probably just let her go back upstairs at The Waters ... ugh! What a dreadful thought. Oh well?! We KNOW in our hearts that if it's not Granny's idea to move to a different nursing home, she'll never be happy and she'll probably never get well enough to come home ... if that's the case ... so ... whatever.

On a brighter note ... I got some pictures that I had ordered from Winkflash in the mail yesterday! YAY!!! They are mostly from 4th of July celebrations and a few weekends ago (our photo op). I've got to "power layout" before our retreat in September. Can't wait! Kath's coming, Mary's going, and me! YAY!!!! Cannot wait!!!!

Happy Hump Day!
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

  • At 5:23 AM, Blogger Kim :) said…

    Cute picture there of Miss Morgan! Kelsey is ready for school as well. She is excited to be the "big man on the campus" this year! lol

    I'm sad to hear that your Granny is talking to your mom so hateful again. I wish you mom would just walk away like you said. But then again.. that IS her MOM and we were taught never to do that. :( But that still doesn't give Granny the right to talk to mean to her.

    Hope you have a great week!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home