Well, the double header ball game was last night! We did do a little bit better ... I think. We still lost both games, but the "plays" were much better and we seemed to catch the ball better, hit the ball better, had a better line up, etc. At one point, you had to have X number of girls in the outfield/infield and guess where I got stuck for 4 innings of one entire game???????? 2nd base!HELLO! Do you understand that this means I would actually have to PLAY the game and CATCH the ball at specific times! Well, I did a good job, even if I do say so myself! I caught it one time and MADE THE PLAY ... got the guy out! WAHOO for me!!!!!!!!! (Maybe I could be a ball player in my second life? Or not!)
Got home to a message on Mike's phone from a heating/air guy in town wanting him to call him and "talk". It was too late to call last night, so Mike is going to call him today. Who knows what will happen with that?! Mike used to work for a heating/air company in town before the school corporation ... LOTS of hours ... ON CALL ... LOTS of overtime ... etc. Don't know if he's ready to go back to those hours or not. It's been nice NOT having a beeper, etc. all these years. PLUS, the old superintendent was NOT supposed to be in today and Mike phoned me this morning to let me know he was in and that he wanted to talk to Mike. Oh my.
Nothing else major going on today ... yet.
Got home to a message on Mike's phone from a heating/air guy in town wanting him to call him and "talk". It was too late to call last night, so Mike is going to call him today. Who knows what will happen with that?! Mike used to work for a heating/air company in town before the school corporation ... LOTS of hours ... ON CALL ... LOTS of overtime ... etc. Don't know if he's ready to go back to those hours or not. It's been nice NOT having a beeper, etc. all these years. PLUS, the old superintendent was NOT supposed to be in today and Mike phoned me this morning to let me know he was in and that he wanted to talk to Mike. Oh my.
Nothing else major going on today ... yet.


1 Comments:
At 9:44 AM,
Kim :) said…
Goo Karmen,, Go Karmen!! You are rocking that softball field!! Good for you!! I am so jealous. I would LOVE to play softball again! I will live vicariously through you!
Keeping my fingers crossed that things work out for the best with Mike!! You guys don't deserve all this hassle!! That superintendent needs a good kick in the You know where for doing all of this!
Post a Comment
<< Home