Time Sure Does Fly By ...........

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

8th grade .............

My, oh my, how time flies ......... my "baby" is now a big 8th grader! She had a fabulous day yesterday and we had a good time last night meeting Morgan's new 8th grade teachers ........... all 7 of them. Wow. Lots of expectations early in the year, high hopes and dreams .......

Updates:

Bat girl -- Well, I've been fondly nicknamed "bat girl" by several of my friends with whom I shared the "bat" story yesterday. GRRRR. Gotta love them, huh?! NOT! The update is this ........ Mike came home yesterday afternoon to "fix" the chimney which included spraying the expanding foam up into the chimney. Yeah ... not. He pushed the towels and such UP a little farther into the chimney and said when he did so (and when he shined the flashlight into a small opening), he could SEE some bats up there. GRRRRRRR! Not good! So, he sprayed and sprayed and sprayed that foam! I was freaking out when I got home! (He had first called and told me the mortar around the chimney was falling apart and the chimney was caving in on him, which was not a good visual picture, but by the time I got home from work, he had it mostly cleaned up!) So ... he then siliconed around the foam adhesive junk that he had sprayed and then spray painted it up in there to make it look like the rest of our chimney ... sounds ugly, but it's actually fine. :) So ... no bats as of last night! I was still a little "squirmy" when going to bed last night, but ...

Granny -- She's no better, no worse really. Mom had a "run in" with the staff at the nursing home over the weekend about her meals, but other than that, she seems to be plugging along ... no worse is a good sign, I guess. Thanks for your continued thoughts and prayers for our family in this situation.

Mentee/Brittany -- Brittany and I are going out to see a "funny" movie tomorrow night (her request). However, I called her last night to see how her first day of school went and she was over at the neighbor's house and the dad told me that she had a "rough day" and he's sure she would want to talk to me about it and for me to call her back this afternoon after school. Hmmmmm, I'm a little concerned about that, but HOPE she WILL talk to me and feel comfortable telling me what's going on. We'll see. This could be a very open door for us at this stage right now ... so early in our friendship. I'll keep you posted.

That's all I can think of right now, as I'm heading to a court hearing this morning with my boss. Work has been VERY busy lately ... with custody cases and emergency hearings and such ... ugh! Gotta love this job!

Have a terrific Tuesday!
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

  • At 6:35 PM, Blogger Kim :) said…

    Glad to hear that Morgan has a good first day of 8th grade! Kelsey will be starting next week! Boo hoo.

    *laughing* Bat Girl! That is funny. But NOT funny the story you had to go along with it. I would have been so freaked out. I told Gary about it and he laughed but then wondered about how they were getting in also! I will have to give him the update of what you just said! blah!

    I will keep my fingers crossed that Brittany opens up to you and tells you about her day. HOpefully it isn't as bad as her Dad thought it was!

    I am sorry to hear that your Mom is having to deal with that nursing home still! I still think she just needs to move your Granny. I know granny doens't want to go, but if it would be better for her, then maybe that is what needs to be done. :(

    Love ya!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home