Wednesday update
Well, Granny was a bit better last night. It really surprises me how much different she was than the day before. Mom had been complaining to the nurses, doctors, etc. that the "pain patch" that they've had her on has various and sundry side effects, and could they try to take it off and see how her pain rises and how she does with nausea, disorientation, "meanness", etc. So, finally, Monday night in ER, they took it off.
There was a big difference yesterday ... in our opinion. Granny could sit up (with assistance) in bed, fed herself -- which she couldn't have even PICKED UP the spoon on Monday night, but was able to actually feed herself the chicken broth and popsicle that they brought her. So, that was a major improvement. She was even joking (a little bit) with us and actually "paid attention" as much as she could and talked to us ... as much as she could. You could tell it was wearing her out, but ... better than the night before of "limplessness". Ya know?
So, we'll see what today holds ... therapy ... etc. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I'll keep you posted.
On another note ... remember when I did the mentor program with the JustUs program here in town with the Justice Center/Courthouse?? Crystal was my mentee?? Remember her. Well anyway ... there is another mentor program starting tonight and we will get our new "mentees" tonight and start meeting with them. I know a little bit about my girl - her name is Brittany and her 14th b-day is next week! So ... I'm hoping maybe I can get to know her a little bit and then maybe Morgan can have an impact on her too - since they are the same age, grade, etc. We'll see. Morgan is excited about it too ... and it's never too late to instill some "good" things in your kids and this is one thing that I want Morgan to realize in her life ... helping others ... we'll see how it goes.
Happy Hump Day!
There was a big difference yesterday ... in our opinion. Granny could sit up (with assistance) in bed, fed herself -- which she couldn't have even PICKED UP the spoon on Monday night, but was able to actually feed herself the chicken broth and popsicle that they brought her. So, that was a major improvement. She was even joking (a little bit) with us and actually "paid attention" as much as she could and talked to us ... as much as she could. You could tell it was wearing her out, but ... better than the night before of "limplessness". Ya know?
So, we'll see what today holds ... therapy ... etc. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I'll keep you posted.
On another note ... remember when I did the mentor program with the JustUs program here in town with the Justice Center/Courthouse?? Crystal was my mentee?? Remember her. Well anyway ... there is another mentor program starting tonight and we will get our new "mentees" tonight and start meeting with them. I know a little bit about my girl - her name is Brittany and her 14th b-day is next week! So ... I'm hoping maybe I can get to know her a little bit and then maybe Morgan can have an impact on her too - since they are the same age, grade, etc. We'll see. Morgan is excited about it too ... and it's never too late to instill some "good" things in your kids and this is one thing that I want Morgan to realize in her life ... helping others ... we'll see how it goes.
Happy Hump Day!


1 Comments:
At 4:45 PM,
Kim :) said…
I am so glad to her that Granny was doing better last night! I will continue to pray that she stays on the right path to recovery!
That is wonderful about your mentor program. Do you still talk with Cyrstal?
Have a super week!
Post a Comment
<< Home