Wednesday Updates!
Hi. Well, Morgan spent the weekend in Michigan with Josh and Jess and the kids (our former youth pastor and his wife and children) and had a BLAST! Obviously (you can tell from the pics), they went to the beach ALL DAY Saturday and the kids got "sun-kissed" cheeks! Aren't they cuties??? Olivia and Garrett (and Esther, not pictured) have all grown up sooooooooooooo much! We miss them!
Granny update: She is now out of the hospital and back at The Waters (nursing home). Still very weak and very disoriented, but we are told (by several doctors) that this disorientation is from the meds that she is on (presumably, the Prednisone for the PMR). I don't know if that's true or if she's just been "out of her comfort zone/home" so long that she is still disoriented or what. No clue. Mom tries to go up there every afternoon/evening about supper time so that she can at least feed her whatever she will eat of her tray of food so that she at least has a portion of ONE meal per day in her body. Otherwise, we'll be right back in the "dehydration" status that we were last week ... and back in the hospital. No clue how long this cycle will last.
Softball update: WE WON our first tourney game last night. We started out last night by being THIRD in the league, and we won, so that has to move us UP on the totem pole, doesn't it?! We had an AWESOME game. We won 13/0. WAHOOOOOOOOOO! I think that's actually the MOST RUNS we've ever had this season in one game! ha! Anyway ... we play the first place team in a game on Friday night at 8:30 p.m. UGH! And depending upon the outcome of that game, we'll play again next Monday night ... and then it's over. :( I LOVE the softball season .... I love being 2nd base-man! :)
School update: Morgan starts 8th grade (can you believe that?) on Monday, August 20th. We are going today at Noon for her 8th grade orientation. UGH! I cannot even believe she's in 8th grade, can you? That just amazes me. She went to help the7th graders yesterday to find their classes, etc. She was chosen to go to school tomorrow to help the teachers get their classrooms ready, etc. She'll be there from 8-3:30 p.m. UGH! What a long day ... she's really ready to get back to school, see her friends, classes, etc. She's just NOT READY for the 6 a.m. WAKE UP CALLS!!!! hahahahaha!
Mentor update: I met my "mentee" last Wednesday night and I had planned to take her out for supper, get to know her a little bit, etc. but ... since she is from a divorced family, her mother wanted to visit with her last Wednesday night. So, we're going out tonight. Actually, today is her 14th b-day so we are going out for her b-day tonight. (Why didn't mom want her TONIGHT, who knows?!) Anyway, she seems like a nice girl and ready for some positive role models in her life. Mary and her mentee and Brittany and I are going out tonight, so I'll keep you updated on how that goes. Actually, Brittany already knew me and Morgan. When I walked in last week, she asked if I had a daughter named Morgan? I said yes, how do you know that? She said she used to go to Sunnyside in 4th grade (same as Morgan) and was in her class and actually went on the Gettysburg trip with us. She said - I always thought it was neat that you went (as a mom) because my mom wouldn't go. UGH! How sad. Anyway ... I don't remember her at all ... which is good and bad. (At least she wasn't one of those "trouble makers" that you ALWAYS remember, right?!)
Work update: Been in court almost ALL WEEK so far and it has been FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!! Sometimes my job stinks!!! Custody cases really stink!!!!!!!!!!
Happy Hump Day!!



1 Comments:
At 5:50 AM,
Kim :) said…
Loved coming here and seeing a post!
Those kiddos look like they indeed had some good times together!
I'm glad to hear that Granny is not in the hospital anymore. I know she still isn't back to great health and for that I am sorry. I will continue to pray for her and your entire family during this time!
Way to go on the softball win! I do think that moves your right up on the totem pole! lol
I can't believe that Kelsey is starting 8th grade this year also! Makes me weak at the knees. :( Our babies are growing up to dang fast!!
that is super great about your mentee. I think you and Brittany will get along very well together!
Post a Comment
<< Home